Coca-Cola Blak

For those not familiar with it, Coca-Cola Blak (not misspelled) is a “carbonated fusion beverage” now being marketed. Some observations:

1. It is a combination of Coca-Cola and coffee.

2. As a certified Coke and caffeine junkie, I just had to try it. It’s actually quite good; however:

3. It costs $6 for a 4-pack of eight-ounce bottles, bringing it into line with the rest of the overpriced “energy drinks”.

Anyone else try it yet?

Yep… Not BAD just not taht gret either. Its like cold coffee mixed with syrup.

Ugh. That’s all I have to say. They were giving it away for free a few weeks ago down here in the Loop. I can see why. Other the the OP, I haven’t heard of a single person actually enjoying the drink.

It’s much better over ice, though, IMHO.

It’s a buck cheaper here. I bought a 4-pack because it came with a money back guarantee. If you don’t like it, send in the store receipt and UPC code and get your money back.

I’m thinking “Cool, free soda!” Or maybe it was “Cool, free coffee!” But I liked it. Not enough to buy it again at those prices though. I feel guilty enough buying the Starbuck’s Frapps for the same price. (But they’re 9.5 ounces.)

I liked it. However, as others have stated, I don’t like it enough to pay what they want for it. Cripes.

But I do like it. It’s tasty.

My kids have started drinking these to get awake for 7:30am classes. I think they taste like crap, but then, I don’t like coffee very much.

I’m grateful that somebody came along to explain this product. I saw that stuff on sale the other day and couldn’t figure it out. “Coca-Cola Black? Um…wasn’t Coca-Cola already more or less black? How could they make it any blacker, by adding ink or coal dust or what? And why would this even be considered a selling point? Is this some sort of Bizarro version of Clear Pepsi?”

So it’s coffee, then. That makes a bit more sense. I was wondering if perhaps there was now a ‘black’ flavor, kind of like the flavor ‘red’ in red Kool Aid.

Didn’t they learn from Pepsi Kona?
Has it really been 10 years? God, I’m getting old.

Nasty. Gross. Absolutely revolting. I bought a bottle of this stuff in 7-11 a week or two ago, and let’s just say that Coca-Cola Blak has joined Jack Daniels Hard Cola as one of the only two beverages that I have actually poured out onto the ground rather than finish the bottle.

Yeah. It’s like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

I like how they call it a “fusion beverage” on the label and the only mention of coffee is in the ingredients list. Not sure what the motivation is to not make that clear upfront.

Maybe they’re marketing to people who don’t like coffee. Sorta like a “gateway” beverage. ??

I love it.

I love it. I bought two four-packs today. I used to frequent a coffee shop when I was in college that had a drink consisting of Coke with a shot of espresso added–I thought those were pretty good.

I also bought two 1-liter bottles of Manhattan Special espresso soda last time I was in NYC to use during grad school finals. Basically pure espresso with carbonation and (lots of) sugar. Quite the pick-me-up!

I like Coca-Cola Blak the best, though.

I agree with the concensus - it’s good, but not $1.25 per bottle good. 6 packs of Manhattan Espresso are just as good, and cost less.

I liked it. Anybody try to mix their own yet?

It is a nice pastel black.

I have tried it, and I couldn’t stand it. It didn’t have enough coffee or cola flavoring, and it was too highly carbonated.

In order to choke it down, I put some Bailey’s in it. That was good, but the carbonation got in the way…

Bumping this because Best Buy was giving them away free today…

It’s not bad, but it’s not worth what a 4-pack costs. It reminds me a lot of drinking Coke from a travel coffee mug, in that it’s picked up coffee flavor.

I’m tempted to figure out an easier way to mix my own (probably using Coke Zero, since I think that’s what the base cola is in the real thing.)