Coca-Cola Blak

I enjoyed Coke Blak a great deal. It reminded me of a coffee soda drink I’d had before and enjoyed.

I got one on a road trip earlier this summer and thought it was quite tasty, but there’s sure not much of it. That’s probably because you wouldn’t want to drink 12 or 20 oz. of that much sugar and caffiene. Still, the bottle is deceptively heavy - you think you’re getting a fair amount and then realize that most of the weight you were buying was the bottle. Expensive bottle.

Generally I avoid buying soda and other sugary beverages, so I’ve only had the one. But I might choose it for an occasional treat.

I am interviewing with Coca-Cola right now. I learned that Coke Blak is the first glass bottle that Coca-Cola has ever made that is resealable. Perhaps since it’s totally covered in that shrinkwrap covering, you might not have realized it was glass.

I caught a free one at Best Buy yesterday. Normally I wouldn’t pay what they want for that small bottle, but it wasn’t bad. Odd, but in a good way. I enjoyed it.

I probably won’t buy it unless I have a coupon or it’s on sale for a **really ** good price. And even then, I think I’ll wait until they make a diet version.

I think it could grow on me.

Sounds like it’s aimed at the Jolt Cola/Red Bull market. How does it compare with them in price?

I finally tried Coke Blak today! We had a cookout and someone showed up with one bottle, which we split four ways. All any of us got was a tiny taste, but all four of us absolutely loved it. We’re all varying degrees of caffeine addicts, with me being the least addicted, but for me the taste is what really made it work so well.

I thought it tasted like bile and I’m a coffee junkie.

So Blak is the new black?

Weren’t Drew Carey and friends brewing coffee-beer on the show?

I think that they should have spelled it “Blaq”. “Q” is a much more extreme letter than “K”.

I’m positive I remember Coke coming in resealable glass 2-liter bottles back in the late 1970’s. Pepsi was first with such packaging; they called it “The Boss” and then Coke followed suit.

Impossible. I remember regularly getting resealable 16-ounce glass bottles of Coke back in the mid-80’s. I also remember in 1999 that the place I worked for had little (6 oz? 8 oz?) re-sealable glass Cokes at a party.

Yeah, I think I already had it open before I realized it was glass. The plastic overwrap can be deceiving, if you’re not paying close attention.

Yep, I remember bigger bottles than that in glass, with a thin styrofoam label.

A comic strip in my college paper said Coca-Cola Blak tasted like Tootsie Rolls without a soul. I agree.