Cocktail sausage sauces

Over here in GQ, Sampiro was asking for some advice on heating cocktail sausages. His comments on grape-jelly/chili sauce got me thinking, and hungry. I make up cocktail sausages fairly often for parties and such, and I usually use a mixture of red currant jelly and yellow mustard as the sauce. I know there must be a hundred different sauces out there, and I’m getting bored with the one I have.

How do you sauce your weinies?

ugh, as I already noted, you can’t go wrong with cocktail weenies. They taste as good as they look, and they come with this delicious red sauce, it looks like ketchup, it tastes like ketchup, but brother, it aint ketchup.

If you can get some real German mustard in a tube, for some reason that always goes well with coctail sausages.

KC Masterpiece.

We use Maul’s Kansas City bbq sauce, which may or may not be available outside of the St. Louis area.

I used a Laotian stir fry sauce (pre-bottled, not a recipe) and some grape jelly and barbecue sauce with lots of garlic powder thrown in one time and the effect was… interesting. I don’t mean that it was bad or delicious, but it was eaten and enjoyed and “different”.