Coke au lait?

Coke + milk + Kahlua = “Colorado Bulldog”

Taaaasty.

Anastasaeon, if you are equal parts as cute as your illustrated renditions, I’m interested.

If you are 1 cup per 1/4 cup as cute as your illustrated renditions, Please e-mail me.

If you are 1 cup per 1/4 cup as cute as your illustrated renditions with an extra heaping tablespoon of sugar- I think I’m in love!

:smiley:

Anastasaeon, ever had an Italian Soda from a espresso shop? This is basically the same thing - carbonated water, milk (or cream), flavored syrup (in this case, ‘coke’ flavored). And if you add whipped cream you get the sweetness.

I’ll often add a container of half-half to a soda when I’m dining out.

Hmm… I must have not had an “authentic” Italian soda… or at least, not one from an espresso shop. I’ll give it a try sometime (we have enough espresso shops around here!!) I’ve had a vanilla Italian soda at the Olive Garden once, but it was clear, no milk or cream in it at all… it was just carbonated water with syrup and ice.

I will be trying that soon, thanks for mentioning it, lawoot - I’ll compare it to my little experiment. :slight_smile:

I’m an ogre! GRRAR!

[/shrek]

There are italian sodas and italian cream sodas.

I love both. (if you can get blackberry, and they make it right, it comes out grey. Looks like dissolved ashes.)

'Round here we call those French sodas. Italian sodas are just flavor syrup and seltzer water. The concept of an Italian soda with milk/cream always grossed me out, but maybe now I’ll have to try it. Hmm…

At work they serve Italian sodas, and my favorite is orange with cream. Tastes just like a Dreamsicle. Yum!

rolls on the floor laughing, having just watched that movie the previous night

You even scared the bichon frise!

Hmmm, I coulda sworn the French Soda was the one made with half and half and italian was was soda water and syrup.

In the 1960’s the coke au lait was the drink of choice. It was very popular with the beatnicks even Bob Dylan and Peter Paul and Mary drank it. It was on all the cold drink menus in all the coffee houses in New york.

Us Puerto Ricans have been known to drink malta and milk. It only took Laverne to put the notion of Pepsi and milk in our heads to go ahead and add that to our list of ‘things we may drink if we’re thungry’.

Just wanted to let you know, in a friendly way, that you have responded to a seven year old thread. Welcome to the boards though. I hope that you stick around.

You know what else is good with Coke and milk?

BBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNSSSSS

I miss Anastasaeon.

Wasn’t there, for a short time, a canned version of this on the shelves?

I was gasping from the heat the other day, in Subway, waiting for a sammitch and I poured some Mountain-Dewish drink in a cup with ice and filled the rest up with green tea. It went down a treat and gave me the will to go on with my day.