Colibri has died

What a lovely photo. Very sad news.

I’ve been posting here for roughly 20 years and Colibri was a fixture. It’s a testament to him that so many people will miss him.

Aww crap. I’m no 99’er but I’ve been here a long time, and Colibri was always a fixture. I really liked his posts, especially when I got to learn a bit about little differences between the US and Panama. His level moderation will be (and already was) missed.

RIP, Colibri.

ETA: I swear I wasn’t copying Odesio intentionally

Terrible news and a shock.

Very bummed to hear this, always appreciated the wide repository of bird knowledge he brought to the board. I previously considered his final posts to be the light-hearted gaffes of an elderly man, but now I view them in a much darker tone.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Well, that’s a real bummer. Condolences to family and friends and us.

I’m almost positive someone referred to Colibri as a fixture long before I did in this thread. How else to describe someone who has been an active member for a couple of decades?

Very sad news. Condolences to all his friends and family. :frowning:

Yeah, that was what got me worried. He said that all the sleep from the meds had his days and nights mixed up. That’s why I thought he might not be doing so good.

His absence I just assumed was more a family or personal matter, but this is what got me worried he was sick. But, while worried, I didn’t think of this.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him as I was going to sleep last night. He will definitely be missed.

I can’t say anything that others haven’t posted more eloquently but I join my grief with theirs.

There are more than 100 posts in this thread, and probably almost that many individuals. I see it as a huge community gathering for someone and on something that is meaningful for a great number of people. I believe that will be true for a long time to come.

Ugh. I’ve been a little concerned by his long absence but I had rather hoped he was just very busy with work. One of my favorite posters - I had always had the vague notion that one day I might make it down to Central America on vacation and get him to sign his field guide in person. Such a loss.

RIP and peace to his family and friends.

Damn! That’s terrible news. RIP Colibri.

Excellent point, and well said, Harpo.

Damn.

I did not know him well, but you couldn’t be a Doper and not know something of Colibri. His special thread ran all through this woven tapestry of this place. I will miss him.

I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Very sad news. May his family and loved ones find comfort for their loss.

Wow. Sorry to hear this. He was a great contributor to these forums.

Sad news. RIP and condolences.

I had to read the title twice to believe my eyes. RIP good sir.

Terrible news. He was one of my favorite regular posters.