Colibri has died

I am saddened to read this. His posts were interesting, his moderation impeccable and his knowledge was remarkable. Is there any type of collection or memorial being planned?

He is already missed, and we shall miss him still. May he rest in peace.

Holy moly! That’s a huge tragedy. Colibri was the one moderator that no one ever complained about. My condolences to his family.

aw crap. We are dropping like flies. I’ve been concerned about my own mortality lately and this kind of thing just … just crap

He was one of the best of us. RIP.

What horrible news! :frowning: :cry:

I have tremendous respect for @Colibri , enjoying many of his posts, and his sensible moderation. He may be gone, but his upstanding reputation as a mighty pillar of the SDMB will happily long endure.

My condolenes to his friends and family.

Tripler
Sad news indeed.

Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation . . . ” — John F. Kennedy

He really was one of the brightest threads running through the tapestry of this site, and I will miss reading his voice. RIP Colibri.

That’s tragic to hear. Colibri always brightened my day when he posted; he was very knowledgeable and a fantastic, welcoming poster

This sad news. I always enjoyed his contributions to the board. He will be deeply missed, and I’m sure his colleagues and students feel the same way. My condolences to his family and friends.

Sorry to hear this. I just learned about the death of someone else I knew (not SDMB), so it’s not a great week.

Indeed sad. Inevitable that the longer serving members are fading away but never easy to accept.

What sad news; my condolences to his friends and family.

Very sorry to learn of Colibri’s passing. His contributions to the board will be sorely missed. Requiescat in pace.

Very sad news, he was a positive force in the world.

Damn. Just damn. Quite the loss, one of my favorite posters. May he RIP.

I’m very sorry to hear this. I hope his family and friends find comfort in their memories of him.

What sad news. Colibri you will be missed.

On this Thanksgiving day, I am thankful that he was here for as long as he was.

:frowning_face: One of the good guys around here. A big loss to our community. RIP