Colibri's insult in General Questions

In the “Is Hillary Clinton being criminally investigated?” thread (mow in GD after it was moved from GQ), ** Moderator Colibri** respond to the comment below thusly:

UberArchetype responds:

To which Colibri replies:

When UberArchetype replies:

Colibri then replies:

At that point, UberArchetype doen’t reply again.

Not sure if this belongs here or in The Pit, but JFC, why couldn’t have Colibri simply apologized…something along the lines of “Oops, got the forums confused. Sorry about that.” That would have been the simple thing to do—and the right thing to do. Instead, he pulls up his jackboots and it results in a dickish exchange. To be clear, with none of the responsibility falling to UberArchetype.

Yet one more example of a Mod creating ill will because of a reflexive instinct to not admit a mistake and apologize.

It’s friggin’ ridiculous.

The remark wasn’t directed at the poster, but at the poster’s reference to “my time”, that he might spend educating the rest of us [lucky souls].

**UberArchetype’**s time wasn’t valuable because Colibri was insinuating he didn’t know what he was talking about.

That is clearly an insult to the poster and not any specific posts.

This is minor, but Colibri was in the wrong. He initiated the event with an insulting remark and then immediately issued a Mod Warning when UberArchetype responded in kind.

What warning?

You conveniently refrained from quoting the exchanges that had taken place before that. Why did you not quote these as well?

UberaArchetype made some erroneous statements. When these were pointed out to him, he basically stated that he didn’t care if they were correct or not. If someone doesn’t care whether the information they post is correct, then they are not contributing value to GQ.

And you’re completely wrong.

Colibri was not insulting UberArchetype, and if saying another poster has no idea what they are talking about is an ‘insult’ - we might as well shut down the board now.

Secondly, no warning was issued - it was a mod note.

UberArchetype indicated that he didn’t care whether the information he posted was correct of not. That is what I was referring to.

I did not insult the poster. I said that his contributions in that thread were not of value.

I didn’t initiate the event; I didn’t insult anyone; and I didn’t issue any warning. You’ve hit the Trifecta of wrongness.:wink:

Because they were immaterial. You’re seeking to use those quotes to justify your insult. Or is it that insults are allowed in GQ/GD if one can present evidence that the insult may be justifiable?

<snip>

Oh , so then it’s okay to insult them in GQ? Hmmm I was unaware of that rule. :rolleyes:

Indeed, Mod Note was what I meant. This being the major reason I described the affair as minor.

Thank you and others for the correction.

You are incorrect as far as what YOU said. You said his time was not of value. Teally. Look it up.

No, no warning. I never made that claim. But an insult? Absolutely. How in the world is telling someone that their time is of no value not an insult? Please, this is the kind of shit I was talking about.

What I saw was a back-and-forth related to the topic at hand, followed by a pivot to personal critique initiated by yourself.

The aesthetics of a Moderator egging on a poster by belittling his or her knowledge, followed up with a Mod Note when said poster returns the favor, are poor.

I said his efforts “for our education” were of no value, since he said he didn’t care whether his statements were correct or not. Really. You could look it up.

I did not insult anyone personally. I made a comment on the value of their contributions to the thread.

I did look it up. Perhaps you should. But you know let’s save some time and aggravation in the future:

Hey, UberArchetype, do not waste your time posting on these boards. The time you spend doing so is of zero value.

Good idea?

Yes.

Warn this guy for junior mod’ing!! :slight_smile:

I underlined the subject of UberArchetype’s original statement.

I think it might be clearer replacing it with “Anyone’s obtainment of an education on…”

So when Colibri says

it should be clear he is speaking about the subject of the preceding sentence, i.e. the obtainment of education. That is a remark about the information UberArchetype is providing.

Also, the political jab seems to me to be “ice queen Billary”.

Worded a little snarky, perhaps- but I see no personal insult.

You would save time and aggravation by not making frivolous complaints.

nm

It depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is.