Colin Powell is NOT black!

I cannot believe what a stupid fuckin’ thread this is.

You are right. He is not black. He is kinda brownish.

:smack:

Harry, is that you?

I’m black
Irish.

No, for this type of thread we need THIS!

I knew a white guy from South Africa who used to get immense amounts of enjoyment by referring to himself as “African-American” and seeing how pissed off people got.

Heck, with any tact, at all, this could have gone in Great Debates or IMHO instead of the Pit. OTOH, it would probably have been well for pizzabrat to have taken a different tack in the OP.

-Marshall, ed. The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Sociology. New York: Oxford UP, 1994.

In other words we say he is, he says he is, so he is.

[George Carlin]Colin Powell is openly white. He just happens to be black.[/GC]

I admit that I was stunned to find out that Mr. Powell was “black” when the whole Belafonte train-wreck happened. Up until then, I figured that he was a “white” fella.

Ordinarily, “race” (whatever nebulous meaning that word has,) doesn’t enter into my perception of the man.

Then again, if this photoshop doodle is any indication, my perception of him probably doesn’t have much of a corelation to his self-identity. At least, I sure-as-hell hope not.
Now that we’ve ruled out Colin Powell, who is the black man everyone can agree on?

So Jamaicans are too uppity to be sufficiently black to move the needle on your Real-Negro Meter? Write him about your concerns, I’m sure he’ll be umm… fascinated.

Colin Powell isn’t black?

er…okay so, tell me who is black?

Shaft?

Can I give up my title now? :smiley:

Jesus.

Denzel.

That cat Colin is a bad Mutha…

Shut your mouth!

I’m just talkin’ 'bout Powell!

Or maybe…

wait for it…

When come back bring Powell.