Collunsbury--This is your thread

Well, you may: celestina gets a crummy reading list, and you, you get spanked in German.
And you feel slighted???
[sub]Gomez: “Tish! You spoke French!! Mmmuh! mmmuh! mmmuh!”[/sub]

True, so true. To the immense pain of the folks in Basel when I decided to impose on them. I only trot it out on special occasions for special people. Or when drunk and I begin to confuse Arabic and German.

Although in my defence I left out the umlauts because I was too lazy to recall which key does that on my keyboard.

squeegee, darlin’, thank you for getting that citation that Collounsbury gave Biggirl translated. I confess all I understood from it was “flirt.” [giggle] I was more confused after plugging it into Babelfish. I mean really, that translation program would mess up an English-to-English translation! :slight_smile:

Oh, and why would you think any “citation” Coll would give would be “crummy”? I confess I get so worn out from the “citations” he gives that some days I have a difficult time getting out of bed. :wink:

I just want to say that this is a very odd thread. I’ll probably have to spend more time in GD now, just to see Collounsbury in action.

[sub]He types with a NONSTANDARD KEYBOARD! He must be a GOD or a MADMAN![/sub]

I only act like Zippy when I’m happy, you know.

(Sigs! Get yer sigs!)

:smiley:

Well, I always thought C gave crummy citation. Maybe he needs to practice his technique. :slight_smile:

However, celestina, but you have to admit that Biggirl definitely got some major personal attention:

(Fish called Wanda):

Biggirl: “Oh, C, Speak German!”

C: “Bundespost!” <whap!>
C: “Saurbraten!” <whap!>
C: “FAHrvergnugen!!!” <whap!!>

Biggirl: “Ohhhh, C!”

Posh. Any real man would set his keyboard layout to Dvorak. [sub]pussy.[/sub] :slight_smile:

Oh no, he gives good “citation” all the time. Keeps me QUITE satisfied. [celestina fanning herself] Whoo. Still, I’m always up for having Collounsbury practice his “technique” on me anytime he wants to.

Oh and Biggirl DEFINITELY got some major attention from Coll. Way to go, Biggirl! :smiley: Still, I admit I’m a little jealous. He’s never spanked me with German. :frowning:

But the QWERTY keyboard was designed to make it difficult to type quickly, to keep the old typewriting machines from constantly jamming.
So Collounsbury is being a pussy.
[sup]Ooh! Ooh! I think I got him there![/sup]

Nonsense.

How embarrassing.
But the sting is somewhat mitigated for me, since Cecil swallowed that whopper, too.

Uh, Collounsbury is still a pussy. Or something.

Is this the Collounsbury appreciation thread?

I first heard the enlightened words of Collounsbury by proxy, through celestina. At the time I wondered, who is this Collounsbury and how does celestina know him? I was strangely intrigued…

You make one little, tiny flirty remark in the Pit and you end up getting you ass kicked in German left and right. This is why flirting should be left to the professionals. I’m sure Jarbaby would know what to do.

Collounsbury never, and I mean never, fails to make me feel ignorant, shallow, and inarticulate by comparison when I read one of his posts.

I hate that feeling. It has to be his fault. Fuck him.

[sub]Biggirl: reread the posts. I wasn’t making fun of you (well, maybe a little :slight_smile: ), I was making fun of C’s dimestore German. Plus joking that, on the contrary, you got flirted in a more substantial way than celestina. Like I said, think Fish called Wanda.[/sub]

But my laptop keyboard is not QWERTY. It’s not even straight-up AZERTY, it’s some bizarre bastardized mix which the replacement mfg thought was a good idea. And I have yet to find something to make the machine recognize it properly. So a lot of values are off and some key combos produce unexpected results.

I find it more entertaining that way. Or maybe I just am stubborn. I really should re-replace it.

Really, never? Oh dear. Well, training. Years of training.

Ama fa at-taniyeen khousousa Celest. wa Biggirl, 'aizeen eh minni? haoulik eh aman koul nas doul? Moukin hagiblikou hajga baseeta zai bibliografiya 'an al-'aounsouriya wa maowqif al-arqiyaat fi masra wa al-'alam al-'arabi youm ma.

Try running that on babblefish.

Bloody hell, all I really wanted was the occasion to tear into someone like peace. I get this bizarre thread. Fundamentally unsatisfying.

pennylane said:
"Is this the Collounsbury appreciation thread?

I first heard the enlightened words of Collounsbury by proxy, through celestina. At the time I wondered, who is this Collounsbury and how does celestina know him? I was strangely intrigued…"

[giggle] Yes, I think this is an appreciation thread so far. Although, maybe C. will get his wish, and someone from GD will come down here and start a cussin’ match with him for real. :slight_smile:

How do I know, Collounsbury? Well, he was kind enough to agree to be my first virtual husband. I lurked for a little bit before I joined the SDMB. I remember reading and being pissed off by all the race threads that were rampant then. I would read them, and I read what C. wrote, and I was VERY impressed by that brain of his. He became one of the posters whose stuff I made an effort to read because his posts are a joy to read. One day back in March there was a Pit thread started by Skarecrow about affirmative action–another topic that pisses me off–and I was so impressed with what C. had to say about it that before I knew what I was doing, I virtually proposed to him. And he surprised the hell out of me by accepting! :slight_smile: When we got virtually hitched, I didn’t really understand what the Pit was for and that he could very easily have cussed me out then for daring to flirt with him here of all places.

Collounsbury said:
“Ama fa at-taniyeen khousousa Celest. wa Biggirl, 'aizeen eh minni? haoulik eh aman koul nas doul? Moukin hagiblikou hajga baseeta zai bibliografiya 'an al-'aounsouriya wa maowqif al-arqiyaat fi masra wa al-'alam al-'arabi youm ma.”

Oh, Sugarlump, I think I’m going to faint now. [sigh] I have NO CLUE what you just said, but I just LOVE it when you talk dirty in a foreign language. :smiley:

Dimestore German? Bad German oh yes, but dimestore? Now that I will object to.

squeeg, please let me be martyr in peace! Sheeeesh!

Like I was saying. . …

Poor, pitiful me. Always getting the shit end of the stick. I try and try to be a good Pitizen, but look what I get for my troubles.

Hmm if only I had my Hans Wehr Arabic dictionary around, perhaps I could translate that for you celestina