Collunsbury--This is your thread

Fie! What utter hubris! As any biologist will realize, this is but a natural part of the predator-prey cycle, like the fluctuations of the Canada Lynx and the Snowshoe Hare. Despite its capabilites, the Collounsbury will no more exterminate the Racemonger than the mongoose will exterminate the cobra. In any case, the other prey items you mention are merely color phases of the Racemonger - in the present political climate, they simply find it advantageous to molt into a slightly different form. They are quite the same under the skin.

Maybe if I’m lucky Collounsbury will give me the intellectual spanking I so richly deserve.

Seriously, Collounsbury - you’ve inspired me to start studying languages again. Welcome back to the boards, we missed you.

Oh, and please write a book someday. We’ll get it on Oprah. :smiley: The world needs more people like you.

I did add a modifier you know.

No, no. Not all of them. Some are simply normal poster ignoramus who’ve simply soaked up some ignorant propositions. I still have to eat them.

[sub]
Biggirl
Nein weil ich mochte gern das zumachen ich habe nicht so viele zeite fur eine bibliographie zuscheiben jedesmal eine frau oder fraeulien flirt mich
[/sub]

Oh Collounsbury,

[celestina whacks Collounsbury on the butt with a big, shiny paddle and runs gleefully away]

::p:

Betcha can’t catch me.

Oh, and another thing, Sugarlump. Where’s MY citation for trying to flirt with you?

Every time I see this thread’s title, I look for a little caption saying Lyrics: Taupin, Music: John.

Collounsbury disagreed with me. Therefore he is stupid, unreasonable, and morally bankrupt.

(apparently this is my debating style.)

Hey celestina, I didn’t get a citation. I got nothin’, zippo, nada. I suck at this flirting thing, which is why I don’t do it. Mostly.

Amongst our chief itemry are such diverse elements as…

I’ve never had a Pit thread with myself as the featured attraction. I think I qualify as a GD poster with long-run exposure. What, you don’t think it’s good company with me over here?

Oh Biggirl, I’m sorry you didn’t get a citation from Collounsbury. I don’t know you well enough to say whether or not you suck at flirting, either. Gosh, you know now that I think about it, I’m starting to get scared that I virtually smacked Coll on the butt. [shiver] He might actually spank me back. Whoo, I hope I’m not hungover tomorrow.

Aha!

Okay, I feel better.

(Celestina, Biggirl, please see the subscripted comment.)

Scylla, all those things are true. But I have entertainment value for ERL and as part of the SD libertarian conspiracy I am allowed to stay for that entertainment value. I hypothesize some secret contractual arrangements, freely entered into of course, except for me.

Collounsbury *Bad.

“Nein weil ich mochte gern das zumachen ich habe nicht so viele zeite fur eine bibliographie zuscheiben jedesmal eine frau oder fraeulien flirt mich”

Machine translation sez:

Altavista: No because I might not have closed gladly that I have so many zeite fur a bibliography zuscheiben each time a woman or fraeulien flirt me

SDL: No because I gladly that liked not to close have me I so many time fur a bibliography zuscheiben each time a woman or fraeulien flirt

Jeez, machine translation sucks.

The correct translation is:
I know German and you don’t, which makes me a superior human being and you a lowly worm. Unless you are sturmhauke, in which case you are a higher invertebrate, perhaps a crustacean. But certainly no more than that.

Das ist richtig

Got an answer back from one of my German friends:

So, Collounsbury, apparently your German is not up to being native-quality. [sub]Dork. Loser. :)[/sub]

You think I don’t know how to use Babel Fish? Like I said, nada.

[sub]You think I don’t know how to use Babel Fish?[/sub].
Then teach me. All I got from Babelfish was the gibberish quoted above.

Wassamatta, can’t you read between the lines?

No (reading list) because I’d like this closed. I have so many foxy type babes asking for reading list, my head is swelling and I’m sweating in my Armani suit. I ain’t gonna make a list each time a woman or a fraulien flirts with me.

Oh, I thought you actually got a useful translation out of Babelfish. Silly me. :slight_smile:

My first guess was (and we were both pretty close):

“no, foget it. I don’t want to provide a damn thesis every time some girl flirts with me.” Or something.