Color Quiz

I just stumbled my way across this personality test. This thing is scarily accurate. :eek: I’m not affiliated with them in any way, I just thought it would be a interesting little novelty to share. Is anyone else getting as dead-on results as me?

I took it and it is like astrology. I’d like to believe it but that plus a dollar will get me a cup of coffee.

no.

kinda true.

ummm, NO.

yeah, um, NO.

Is this vague or what? No.

I’m guessing you didn’t give the test a good rating, kniz. :wink:

Pfffft - not even close.

What a load of nonsense.

Its piffle. The answers are vague, I was able to read into it what I wanted. There’s a word or phrase for this kind of thing, but I’ll be damned if I can remember what it is.

I dunno – mine was that I’m feeling frustrated and undervalued at work (true), and that I’d probably feel better if I got laid (also true).

Unless I’m in some serious denial about myself, my results had very little to do with me. They did, however, describe one of my dogs perfectly, in particular:

Maybe next time I should let my dogs take the test. They’re probably color blind, but I doubt that it matters.

It was an interesting novelty, but it described me to a tee.

vanilla, who loves green.

I must say it hit the nail on the head w/ me as well.

Interesting, says I am a control freak.

I think you would get the same results from calling Cleo…

John Edwards was who I had in mind.

Wait, you guys are telling me there’s no science involved in guessing that I feel overworked and underpaid, and that I need to get laid? Sheesh! Whoda thunk?

It was dead on accurate for me. I took it a second time just to see if the results changed. Only one thing changed.

I liked how my sexual appetite was reflected in the color test. <g>

As the site says, it’s based on the Luscher Color Test, which was first published in 1969. The site claims that the test is based on “decades of research by color psychologists around the world”. Well, it depends what you mean by ‘research’. If you mean lots of people have used it, yeah, maybe they have. However, there is no empirical and indepently verified data whatsoever to support the view that the original Luscher test is any indicator of anything at all to do with human personality. The readings it generates are sufficiently vague as to be amenable to subjective interpretation. Those who want to see significance will see some, and those who don’t won’t.

This has been proved with astrological readings at least a few times. In one test, a group of students were given astrological profiles which they were told were based on their exact date of birth and compiled by a professional astrologer. They were asked to ‘rate’ the accuracy of the reading. They all said it their profiles were at least fair to good, and some claimed they were highly accurate. In fact, they’d all been given exactly the same (fake) profile. You could do something similar with a profile allegedly based on the Luscher Color Test. This is an experiment you can conduct for yourself without too much difficulty. Take any detailed horoscope reading drawn up by a pro for any particular person. Re-type it out 12 times, putting a different heading on it each time to suggest it’s for a particular star sign or the dates of birth of 12 friends. You’ll find it gets average to good ratings for most people.

Here’s another easy test you can try out for yourself. Take 12 horoscopes which have been prepared for 12 friends by a pro astrologer (or 12 readings based on the Luscher Test). Strip the identification away and code the readings so that later you will be able to remember which reading was for which person. Then give each person a look at all 12, and ask them to choose the one that is most right for them. The results will be an entirely random distribution of the 12 readings.

That’s funny, it said I’m overworked, underpaid, and needed to get laid too. :wink:

That which is not vague is wrong.
Not to be quoted in any other context of course.