Coming to So Cal 12/17-12/19

This Sunday, I’m flying into LA and will be teaching a class in Gardenia on Monday and Tuesday. Did any of you So Cal Dopers want to try to get together Sunday or Monday night for a little dinner/drink/socializing (if possible. My plans haven’t been finalized yet.)? Since I’m teaching a class, I’ll have to take it easy. I don’t want to show up looking like Keith Richards in front of the customers. If you’re interested, please email me and we’ll work something out as soon as my travel plans are solidified.

I could do something on a Sunday. I might be able to make it on a Monday, but it would be a pain, too long of a drive to make after work.
pat

I’ll let you know how early I’m getting in on Sunday, Pat.

Any other LA Dopers interested in hooking up? I’m not a complete sleazebag!

Hmmm…must’ve posted this thread at a bad time.

I am not a complete sleazebag, either!
No matter what others may say.
Or what my picture might look like.
Or what the men in my head might scream.
Come on SoCal people, we can’t leave a visiting worker stranded.

pat

I can do Sunday.

Monday, I’ll be working at my school restaurant… you’re invited to have dinner there and watch me slave on the line… :slight_smile:

Strainger: don’t feel bad you haven’t received much response… the LA dopers seem to be hiding under some rock lately.

Good point, JavaMaven. I’ve also noticed that not many So Cal Dopers have been posting over the past few days.

I just found out that I’m not getting in until 7:20 PM, which means I probably wouldn’t be available to do anything until 8:30 or so. This isn’t bad; I could stay out for about an hour but I have to be up early the next morning. I have a lot more free time on Monday.

If we can’t work it out this time, there will be plenty more opportunities for a gathering next year since I’ll be traveling to LA pretty regularly and staying for up to two weeks per visit.

Hmmm… I have a few things going on right now. Maybe I can make it?

I drive by Gardena on the 405 on my way home from work.

I’m a So-Cal Doper!

It’s just that I have absolutely no idea where this “Gardenia” you speak of is. :smiley:

-Ashley

Hey, no poking fun at the out-of-towner! Or else I’ll make you try to pronouce “T’laquepaque” whenever you visit Arizona. :wink:

Oh so you will be making regular stops to the area, I won’t feel so bad, if I am unable to make the gathering if it is on Monday.

If it is Sunday, where do you guys think we should meet? OC is a trifle far for me, but I will try. I am thinking about heading down to LA this weekend to see that Ang Lee movie anyhow, perhaps I will do that on Sunday.

pat

Strainger, I’m busy on Sunday (tree-trimming party at my house). I could maybe meet on Monday, but it’s doubtful. I’m in South Orange County and could try to join the group on Monday evening.

Hey all,

It looks like it’s going to be a little too hectic for a get-together this time. However, do not fret. After talking to the company head yesterday, it looks like I’ll be living in the LA area part time next year–even moreso than I thought when I posted that other message up there^–so there will be plenty more opportunities for me to meet up with y’all.