Commercials you absolutely hate. (lame)

Me too. It makes a woman shaking her ass less sexy.

I also hate any commercial with a nerdy, or over enthusiastic spokeperson. E,g, the “unofficial” Wendy’s spokesperson, or that douche of a spokesperson for frosted miney wheats.

I have no idea how to look that sort of thing up online, because I don’t remember what the commercial was for, but I remember it – a girl who looked about eight slapping a spoon of medicine her mother was trying to give her away. According to my mother, if I had done that, I would have had a sore butt afterwards. And I must concede that I’d have deserved it. (No, I was not abused, nobody overreact please.)

I hate the damn Charmin bears. What annoys me the most is that I have a personal boycott going until they quit with those damn bears in their ads, but I don’t buy the TP for the house, and guess what brand those who buy, buy? Yep. The bear joke was briefly funny. For about three seconds. Before the “Ick! They’re sitting down to CRAP ON TV!” factor kicked in.

I share your loathing, NPG; VT has a long-standing ban on billboards (known as “litter-on-a-stick” around here). Join us & Welcome aboard!

Got any entry-level jobs in programming or (preferably) web design in the area? Pizza delivery is starting to get old.

I hate all the really long, loud commercials played during Indians games. Because you have to hear each one at least 18 times (or more, considering we change pitchers so much) in a 3-hour span. I do not need to hear, 18 times, every night for 5 months, about First Energy or the Center for Sports Medicine. Because in 5 months, First Energy does not change. The Center for Sports Medicine never changes. Nothing new ever goes on there. And I do not need a 3-minute novella about knees or how you love your job fixing power lines. Every. Seven. Minutes.

If anyone here is from Cleveland, they’ll know what I mean. Oh, and my brother met the guy who wrote “From Ohio/Penn-syl-vaaaania/to the Jersey Shore/Firstenergyisworking for youuuuu” I don’t think the guy was particularly proud of that one.

On the TV, I hate the spots for Adelphia High Speed Internet. They are about people going vacation or something else completely unrelated to broadband. I think somehow we’re supposed to think that you need cable internet to have a good vacation. Or you have more time to be a good family now that you have high-speed. Right-o.

I agree. Although, if the song became as popular as the Macarena (which they seem to be basing it on), I would totally dance to it, because that would just be messed up and weird.

Come on everybody!
Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach - DIARRHEA!

HEY! Pepto Bismol!

:smiley:

I don’t mind most commercials, honestly. But the ones for Wrigley’s Orbit Gum are infuriating. Stupid, irritating and bizarre.

Oh, and the one for K9 Advantix flea collar with the little puppy whose mouth moves as if he’s singing “Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda”…but the lyrics are all about his damn flea collar. I hate the kid’s voice too.

Its such a bad commercial, I cannot even recall the name of the product.
Some person tells someone really bad news; “I’m sentencing you to 5 years” or something and then they say “Oh. I’ve got some good news!”

What? the poor person says, hoping.
I just saved money on car insurance! :rolleyes:

Or DITECH.
I don’t know if this is jsut Cleveland, but this unattractive guy keeps trying to sell people loans. They suddenly realize DITECH gives a Much better deal. “Lost another loan to Dietech” the spokesguy says.

They run it so often, you really start to hate Ditech.

Is there any way to view that TONGUE commercial online?

May I present Axe Pitman?

Any commercials that feature a game show in which the correct answers revolve around the product.

I got used to the Gellin’ commercials- but the Dr Scholl’s Massaging Souls (oooh-ahhh) w/ the Total Dork joining in the Office Crowd’s oooh-ahhh chant.

TOYOTA: “Ask Me About My Toyota”-wholesome shots of people at the beach, while voice sings “ask me…”. NO! I DON’T WANT to ask you about your freaking Toyota!
Scion: that weird new car line from Toyota: Disembodied voice makes weird, half-human sounds to a techno-beat…while you see this weird, box-like vehicle driving down the street. Who needs a re-badged Toyota?

Holy shit! :eek:

The Burger King ads especially annoy me. The office clerk who is always embarassed is much smaller than the guys who make fun of him, eat his food, and so on. If there was a commercial where a silly black guy was tormented and teased by hipster whites, it would be obviously offensive. But mocking short people is apparently fine. Ha ha. The big guy ate the little guy’s burger? What’s he going to do about it? He’s little! Ha ha.

The Burger King ads especially annoy me. The office clerk who is always embarassed is much smaller than the guys who make fun of him, eat his food, and so on. If there was a commercial where a silly black guy was tormented and teased by hipster whites, it would be obviously offensive. But mocking short people is apparently fine. Ha ha. The big guy ate the little guy’s burger? What’s he going to do about it? He’s little! Ha ha.

[QUOTE=vanilla]
Its such a bad commercial, I cannot even recall the name of the product.
Some person tells someone really bad news; “I’m sentencing you to 5 years” or something and then they say “Oh. I’ve got some good news!”

What? the poor person says, hoping.
I just saved money on car insurance! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]

Know what’s fun? That company always runs their 800 number at the end of all their comercials. Call it and complain! Really! They love it!

(I hate all that company’s commercials. And that company. A lot)

Know what’s fun? That company always runs their 800 number at the end of all their comercials. Call it and complain! Really! They love it!

(I hate all that company’s commercials. And that company. A lot)

I despise that commercial for the “zip slip brush aaaah” dry between-brushing dental aid. Hate it hate it hate it!

am I the only one here who is in love with Oven Mitt from Arby’s?

I hate the commercials where the little kids will make total messes on carpets or walls or tables, and the mothers just smile and wipe/clean it up. This is mostly seen on paper towel commericals, like Bounty. The kids will mark all over the walls, spill grape juice on the carpets, run around in muddy shoes with their muddy puppies, whatever. And the mothers just smile.

I also hate those series of Revlon commercials with the A-list actresses, ESPECIALLY the one with Julienne Moore. They’re extremely creepy, yet annoying because the commercials try to come off as “artsy” and ultra-modern. I mean, Moore is being stalked by some photographer in her commercial and she seems to enjoy it. Ick.

“I wear my K Swiss” the K Swiss commercial where they say that over and over.