Commercials you absolutely hate. (lame)

Actually, there is more than one ABC radio station.
[ol]
[li]Triple J[/li][li]ABC Classic FM[/li][li]Radio National[/li][li]Radio Australia[/li][li]Various local ABC stations[/li][/ol] They are all part of the ABC, but i don’t think it’s correct to call it a single radio station.

And none of these stations have advertising. It’s excellent.

Please. Tell me you haven’t been subjected to the self-aggrandizing, pompous, pitchman horror known as Jim Traber (Sorry, but for some reason I’m unable to link to his anemic lifetime stats…).

That’s got to be some uncomfortably hiked-up tutu!

:smiley:

Two words:

Enzyte Bob.
Plus, all those ads for Cortislim, and Get Rich Quick by Buying Your Own ATM!

A-fucking-men.

(No pun intended.)

That ad makes me wonder why the surfing school teacher is wearing red “Fuck-Me Shoes” in the classroom! :confused:

Another ad series that gets me is on PBS. Some insurance company that sponsors a program has ads that claim “they do all they can” for safety or some stupid claim like that. The ads show some moron walking down the street, and seeing a banana peel on the sidewalk, he puts out a traffic cone. In another one, he sees a roller-skate left on a stairway and puts yellow “caution” tape up.

Goddammit! Pick them up, asshole!

Maybe I need medication.

No, you don’t.
The modern tendency to draw attention to the problem instead of fixing the problem makes lots of people crazy. Medicate us, and nobody will fix anything again, and then where will we be?

I do believe this one is based off of a real cooking show called ‘The Naked Chef’

They can’t be rescued. They’re supposed to be on Survivor. That’s why they are talking about ‘I was prepared to go without bathing and manicures, but this!?’

There’s also a car commercial having to do with being raised by wolves. This lady is out camping with her husband and kids and talking to the camera about how her and her family get away as much as they can because her husband needs to be with his family. It shows clips of him chasing after a cat, being all twitchy in the city, and running with a pack of wolves.

Yes I watch way to much TV when I know some of the meaning behind the commercials.

Truth out commercial. I hate those smug, self-rightous little pircks.

Do I know smoking’s bad for me?
Yes. That’s one reason I quit.

Is it the tobacco companies’ fault I started 18 years ago?
No. No, I already knew it was bad for me, but it would drive my mother batty. (I was 16.)

Did I know they were bad then?
Yes, the tobacco companies sure as hell weren’t running around in the mid 80 claiming they had vitamin c in them.

Will I sue the tobacco companies if I end up getting lung cancer?
No. It was my decision to begin in the first place.

I wonder how many of them want to outlaw cigarettes but legalize pot.

:dubious:
In general, I hate all commercials that feature parents being helpless when dealing with uncontrollable kids. :wally :wally :wally

Didn’t someone link to a site in another “commericals we hate” thread that claimed the kids in those commercials were smoking in between takes?

One of the worst commercials out there right now is for M&M’s cookie bars. It shows a kid ripping open one cookie bar after another and carefully lines the bars in a pencil box, while tossing the wrappers on the floor. As the kid puts the box in his bookbag, the camera pulls out to show the pile of wrappers around a labrodor retriever. As he’s walking out of the room the kid yells to his mom, “The dog ate all the M&M’s cookie bars again!” The only disclaimer on the ad states (in very tiny white letters) “Never give chocolate to dogs.” It doesn’t tell you that chocolate can kill a dog.

OK, Enzite-Bob and Truth Out come close, but by far the worst are the newer anti-smoking commercials. The ones where a sobbing person reads a letter or diary or whatever wbout how their best friend died from smoking. The blatant attempt at guilt pisses me off so much that the first time I saw it I went out and had my first cigarette for about four months. Screw those pricks.

Brazil.

I hated the recent Burger King ads where the office clique (complete with Resident Office Bitch) picks on the office outcast. They make fun of his tattoo placeholder, they bite into his sandwich even after it’s clearly a mix-up…I think it’s mean and it doesn’t make me want to go and buy an Angus burger.

The next one is the guy jogging thru the park in his Adidas. He jumps over a woman, flips over a park bench with a man sitting on it, steps on kids fingers, and jumps on a table of picnickers. WTF? “I wear Adidas so I can be an obnoxious jerk” is a selling point? :confused: It makes me want to kick him in the nuts, that’s what it makes me feel. :smiley:

The commercial I am hating right now is the one for Cooper Tires. Dejected husband sits on the sofa in a dark, depressing house. Grouchy Wife scowls at him. “What is wrong with you?” she says. He cowers. “You’re a moron!” she sneers. “But…” he starts to say. “It’s like talking to a wall,” bitches Grouchy Wife. “A wall in a big brown sweater.” WTF? Are they positioning themselves as the tire store for the emotionally abused?

You obviously didn’t get the memo, gatopescado. Didn’t you realize all school teachers are wanton, nympho-sex-kittens in disguise? You have to wait until we get home for us to take off our glasses and take down our hair bun, but we wear the shoes all day long :wink:

Last time we had a thread like this, someone mentioned a commercial with a little girl slapping bottle of liquid medicine out of her mother’s hand because she didn’t like the taste of it. I’m sure the ad was for a better-tasting medicine. I never saw that one. Anyone know if it’s online somewhere?

Never heard of him. Is he local (I ask 'cause you’re in Oklahoma, too)?

There are some awful commercials out there:

1. The kiddie version of Neosporin or somesuch. The mom is making a big deal about how safe his stroller is (it’s got a shoulder harness, etc), and at this point I’m screaming inside: “It’s an Effing kid, it’s hard for normal (ie I don’t want to listen to any of you Bi*** about how some kids can really hurt themselves) to hurt themselves. All you need to do to keep the kid safe is make sure you do not have bear traps in the living room. You do not need to go to the Effing extream of your ‘enhanced’ stroller to keep that little brat (he may or may not have been a brat, it’s a gud durned commercial for chirst’s sake) safe”

2. Sasktel has a bunch of kids telling us how easy the internet is to use from them. It’s all fine and dandy, none of them have really bad kiddie accents, but Sasktel does not know when to give it’s commercials a break, we’ve have at least a dozen (more like four or five) variants of the kids telling us how good the internet is. And, as if that wasn’t enough it is all delivered in a manner taht is ultra (to use a word I learned right here on the SD) twee (twee ~ cutsy IIRC).

3. Some idiot gov’t agency has a bunch of kids on the radio (not my radio anymore, my car only has AM radio and that doesn’t work, yeah me) telling us how to drive. LISTEN BRATS, I AM YEARS OLDER THAN YOU, EVERY TIME I GET INTO MY EFFING CAR I DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD TO PUT MY SEAT BELT ON!!! I AM AN ADULT, AND WILL NOT BE TALKED DOWN TO BY A CHILD.

4. Any home made commercial. It makes the product look trashy and/or cheap.

5. Any commercial that uses oversyntesised space music (there is one for computers on the TV now that uses space music)

6. Any commercial with misbehaving kids.

The last time (or longer) one of these was posted, I think someone posted a link to Zoogoo’s Condoms, if that person is still around, he/she should repost the link, because I loved that commercial, the best commercial ever (although if it were for anything other than preventing parenthood (and as a consequence, childhood, and misbehaving children), I would hate it (imagine that kid throwing a shit fit to get a kinderegg or some such)).

I hate I repeat absolutely HATE! The new…
PEPTO BISMOL! commercial.

The one where you got like four office workers standing in a line and they’re doing this stupid little line dance thing… FUCK! that irritates me!

And oh yeah Enzyte Bob must die!