Complex sexuality q for straight guys

If I said I was occasionally attracted to tomboys and butchy-looking women, would I qualify as an LTMB?

Listen to some advice from a woman. You do realize that far more women are attracted to men than women, don’t you? That for many of us, there is a unique pleasure that comes from being with men and from touching the male body that we simply don’t get from women? Given the number of heterosexual women vs. the number of bi- or homosexual women, do you really want to reduce the odds that much?

If your fascination is with the so-called “girly bits”, I’m afraid that’s a bit overrated, too. They do have draw backs and the same bits on different women respond quite differently. If you don’t believe me, just start a thread asking how women and men feel about having their ears or necks nibbled. For some, it’s an instant turn-on; for others, it’s just as fast a turn-off. Yes, breasts can be an incredible turn-on. They are also subject to such lovely things as acquiring painfully contracted nipples if it gets too cold or aching. As for vaginas and vulvas, while I do enjoy my vagina and vulva, you do realize the blasted things leak, so to speak, don’t you? Trust me, there have been a good few TMI threads on the subject.

As for me, I’ve never felt like a gay man trapped in a woman’s body. I appreciate men’s bodies for the unique and wonderful things they are, and part of that is the way they respond to my female body. :cool:

CJ

My point is that I am not a woman. I have no idea what it would be like to be a lesbian, but I’m pretty sure it’s a bit more than just “liking women”.

I think people would have an easier time believing it was a serious question if your location wasn’t “Feltcham, Goatcestershire.”

Ah HAH!! Of course, I knew that all along. Sir, I was whooshing YOU. Neener and again, neener.

Yep, didn’t fool me at all.

Wild speculation: it was this thread on fictional characters who have changed gender that prompted a de-lurk.

Assuming the OP is a serious question and not meant as hammy joke or insult, no, I don’t feel gender dysphoria as if my body is somehow wrong, nor do I feel misplaced in my body.

I have often wondered what it would be like to be a woman, mainly because I feel I fit in with women better emotionally than I do with men. I prize cooperation and socialization over competition; I enjoy the subtleties of language as much as I appreciate logic; and I don’t feel the need to swagger my sexuality in public, clutch my crotch, wolf-whistle at women, and so on. I sometimes feel a little misplaced socially, but not physically, so I imagine and sometimes fantasize that my life would be easier and simpler and happier if I were a woman. Women don’t always have it easier in all ways, it’s true, but hey, that’s not the point of imagining it.

And yet I don’t really have any interest in men, sexually. I’ll stick with women, thanks.

If that’s a yes to the OP, so be it, but I don’t feel any pressing need to have my body corrected with surgery. Or I do, but not in that way. (I’d start with bionic feet and a laser-guided nose and maybe longer arms so I could scratch my back better.)

Hmm…this seems to suggest that these are the core experiences of being a lesbian. Would a lesbian feel less like a lesbian if society accepted her, if men didn’t try to prove anything to her, if her parents loved her, if she could marry women, and if she could be honest about her homelife?

I’m guessing not.

I think y’all are, as usual, assuming far too much about what people mean by this question. Instead of assuming that Nancarrow was saying, “huh huh huh” while typing it, why not ask him for clarification?

I also don’t accept that only the transgendered have a right to this feeling. When I was younger, I found myself disgusted by male bodies, including my own, and I wished that I were a lesbian so I wouldn’t have to deal with a male body. I never wanted to get a sex-change or to act in any way as a woman: that didn’t seem at all right to me, either. It’s just that I didn’t like men’s bodies. At that stage in my life, naive me had no idea that lesbianism was fetishized by many men (my main images of explicit lesbianism were from places like On Our Backs, which isn’t exactly a fetish rag).

So give the poor lad a chance, instead of jumping down his throat.

Daniel

On second thought, lemme just post complete agreement with Fish, except for the laser-guided nose part. I’d prefer a spinny nose, on the theory that a lot of my friends are going to get laser-eyes, and if they’ve got laser eyes and I’ve got a spinny nose, together we can play CDs.

Daniel

Come on, baby, you’d love it if you tried it. A man can please another man in ways no woman can.

What, no dinner?
What kind of guy do you think I am?

[Apochryphal Winston Churchill]

We’ve already established that; now we’re negotiating the price.

[/AWC]