Computer question: .wav in browser

Hey all,
Up until a few days ago, I had a very happy computer that I liked a lot. Then things went very bad, and I’ve been in the process of building a new computer from the ground up. Luckilly, due to backups, I’ve been doing okay. However, there is a slight problem.

I’m running Opera 7.0 as my browser currently, and it won’t play wav files. My evidence is http://www.dailywav.com/ through which no sound comes. I’ve checked the help database for Opera and have yet to find why I’m not getting sound. Winamp works, quicktime works, windows media player works… Just not the basic wav stuff from websites. It has me confused and frustrated. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you check the setting for playing .wav files in the Opera preferences section? If not, try this:

Go to Tools > Preferences > Downloads

In the Downloads section, uncheck the box that says “Hide file types opened with Opera”

Now, scroll down the list of MIME types until you get to the one called “audio/x-wav”.

Clcik on that Mimke type to highlight it, and then click the “Edit” button. When the new box opens, makes sure that the radio button titled “Open with Opera” is checked.

Personally, i generally have my preferences set to open files like .wav, .mp3, .mpeg, etc. in third party applications like WinAmp or Media Player Classic. But if the “Open with Opera” button is checked, it should work. I tried it, and it works for me.

(Opera 8.01)

Just tried that and is worked just fine, no tweaks, just bog standard Opera.

Check the master volume control and see if any channels are muted.

Followed the directions exactly, and it still doesn’t work. Just silence.

Hit F12 and check “Enable sound in web pages”. Try “Enable Plugins” for luck.

Both were already checked.

Er… It’s working now. I don’t know why.

Thanks!
:smack: