conditioner

Being that my hair is long, and dyed, it gets frizzy sometimes.
Whats the best conditioner to help me?

Have you tried Pantene or Finesse? Those are the best I’ve found, especially the ones for dry hair.

What colour do you dye your hair? I only ask cause I dye mine red and I have found that Pantene products (even the colour friendly ones) have a habit of stripping my hair. And how much are you willing to spend on your conditioner?

I really, really like Infusium.

If it matters, I’m white with really frizzy, kinky, long red hair.
Think Carrottop.

I love, love, love my LeKair Cholesterol Conditioner!

Its really thick, like cold cream, but it rinses out nicely (I always leave a little behind, though).
I tried it after I put a relaxer (I’ll sing the praises of Dark & Lovely Extra Conditioning another time) in my hair the first time, and I’ve never gone back. You can find it in the ethnic hair care section. I pay $2.96 for a 16 oz. jar.

[sub]Ran and grabbed the jar:[/sub] Among other stuff it contains Hydrogenated castor oil, Hydrolyzed collagen, Aloe, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil and Vitamins A & D

Hope that helps.
bunnymom

If it matters, I’m white with really frizzy, kinky, long red hair.
Think Carrottop.

I love, love, love my LeKair Cholesterol Conditioner!

Its really thick, like cold cream, but it rinses out nicely (I always leave a little behind, though).
I tried it after I put a relaxer (I’ll sing the praises of Dark & Lovely Extra Conditioning another time) in my hair the first time, and I’ve never gone back. You can find it in the ethnic hair care section. I pay $2.96 for a 16 oz. jar.

[sub]Ran and grabbed the jar:[/sub] Among other stuff it contains Hydrogenated castor oil, Hydrolyzed collagen, Aloe, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil and Vitamins A & D

Hope that helps.
bunnymom

Ooh, me too! It makes your hair very soft without making it heavy or flat.

I think I should try the Infusium, if it’s not too expensive. I’ve been having decent success on my frizzy hair with Bed Head’s Control Freak conditioner and ‘serum’, but they’re overpriced.

Have to interrupt and ask about the relaxer, bunnymom. FWIW, I am a white gal with highlighted, curly, kinky hair that refused to be straightened or tamed. Tell me more about the relaxer you used…

I’ve been happy with Got 2B Instant Gratification conditioner. It’s pretty cheap, maybe $6 a bottle available at drugstores. Seems to be as good as Terax Crema only cheaper and easier to find.

DeniseV, in my area, Infusium conditioner (the kind you use in the shower) is about $5.50 a bottle. There’s also a leave-in conditioner that’s supposed to be very good, but I have no experience with that.

jay-c - I use the Dark & Lovely Extra Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer and I love it. I think they may have dropped the ‘Extra Conditioning’ part of the name, but its the same thing.

My hair is really wild and curly, and I have NO hair-styling skillz. Combing it out is a major pain, and trying to get it to do anything is practically impossible.
One day I’d just had enough and decided to try relaxing it. I figured that if it all fell out, well, at least then I wouldn’t have to fool around with it anymore. I have been ultra-pleased with the results - my hair is not burned or fried or falling out.
The only problem I’ve had was when I went in for a trim and the stylist knew me. She asked where my curly hair went and I told her. She asked where I got the relaxer done, and I told her I did it myself, she balled me out for using ‘that kind of product’. A twenty minute lecture on how " Those products are made for BLACK HAIR! You shall NEVER NEVER use products made for BLACK HAIR!!"
:rolleyes:

If your hair is healthy, not bleached to a wisp of its former self, and you are careful I say go for it.
But be sure to read the directions and follow them exactly. The first time I used a relaxer I didn’t leave it in the full alotted time, just in case. As I got familiar with how the product worked (and what my hair would do), I could up the time for a straighter result. Always err on the side of caution there.

The relaxer creme WILL burn the tarnation out of you if you drip it onto your neck or ears and let it sit. Try really hard to wipe it all off, the scabs are kinda ugly,lol.

If you haven’t reached the ‘Just cut it all off!’ stage like I had, and you want to be a little more careful, you might try the relaxers made for children. They are supposed to be super gentle, though I couldn’t say how well they work.

Good luck,
bunnymom

I get the best results with Mane 'N Tail leave in conditioner. It’s used on horses. Sold in drug stores with the other hair conditioners for humans. Cheap. I have long, dry, curly, sometimes frizzy hair. I keep trying other products, but go back to Mane.

You don’t need conditioner.

Same here with the curly, frizzy, kinky hair. If I brush it out I get an awesome afro. I’m quite a sight with my pale skin and enormous red afro !
I like Pantene, but only the kind for STRAIGHT hair. The kind for curly hair makes the frizz worse.
Added bonus, Pantene is great for shaving :slight_smile:
I use Biolage gelee too. Ten bucks but worth every penny. The bottle is big and you don’t need as much to do the job.

I second the Got2B Instant Gratification. I have hair that’s dry, frizzy and impossible to condition, and this is one of the few conditioners that does any good. I also like Mossimo Leave-In Protectant (Target store brand, about $6 per bottle). It works better for me than Infusium leave-in conditioner.

I gotta go with the Mane and Tail stuff, too. Cheap cheap cheap for a great deal of product…has that “balsamy” smell many men like :slight_smile:

You know what’s funny? People use Mane n’ Tail on themselves, whereas I use Cholesterol treatment on my horse (its soooo cheap). Makes one gorgeous tail. :slight_smile: It does smell kind of… hyper-floral if you know what I mean, though.

I have very coarse wavy red hair, I usually use Pantene or Finess “dry or damaged” formula. I was listening to NPR and this guy was advocating intensive conditioning with Cool Whip. I’ve been thinking of giving it a whirl. :slight_smile: