Confusing posters as similar names. (astorian & asterion)

If I’m skimming a thread to look for my post, so I can start reading replies after me, I often see Marley23 as my name.

I have no idea whatsoever why his name makes me stop, thinking it’s mine…but there you have it.

I always confuse you for me. It’s just the capital W & E, there’s nothing else similar about our names but it’s enough to confuse me sometimes.

I took a hiatus from the boards and now there’s an Elysium posting here.

Tea isn’t English, it’s Chinese (or possible SE Asian) it only came to England in like the mid-1600’s (wikipedia says 1660) whereas the chinese have been drinking it since 1000 BC :stuck_out_tongue:

WikiCite

I don’t think there is another Mudshark here, but I do the same thing with Quasimodal and Quasimodem.

And what we Brits call chips(Fries) are actually originally from Belgium.

OK I’m as English as only something that is really,really,English that took advanced studies in English at England University which is in England could be.

Except that on second thoughts I’m actually half Scots.

Anyone else get Mangetout and Mangeorge mixed up at first glance? I sometimes have to do a double take when an Englishman appears American and vice versa in a thread.

Every now and then I’ll see something and wonder why in the hell my wife would be saything that. Then I realize it was posted by kittenblue, not kittenlm.

I sometimes see cochrane as me when I’m scanning, and it makes me make that little confused Scooby Doo noise.

This thread is almost two months old, but the second post in this thread is still very relevant. This thread was started by Quasimodal, but I initially thought it was Quasimodem.

There used to be a poster here called jarbabyj, whom I would ALWAYS mistake for me when reading quickly through a thread. Always stopped me short, especially if I didn’t remember ever responding to that particular thread.

Well, there is (or was) a poster named zeldarae but except for one occasion when she (I’m pretty sure) asked me if my name was like hers and made from two relatives’ names like hers was, (which it isn’t), I can’t remember seeing her post in a single thread.

Nothing all that spectacular when you consider that at the Nashville Dopefest where we had maybe 20-25 people there, I had only bumped into maybe five of them online. You can spend your whole tenure here and never meet the majority of the posters. I’m guessing I can name 100 others from memory. Just the other day I was making a list of my “most successful threads” and in the process clicking on the “who posted” link and copying the names of the people who had contributed more than some minimal amount to those threads. I guarantee those lists combined wouldn’t run to 100. And most of them I’ve yet to see in other threads.

Something about forums and threads just draws a select few, and you can stay in your own little circle without a lot of effort.

There is a Shiftless that sometimes makes me do a “I didn’t post that!” double-take.

I skimmed over this thread title on a run-through of the forum and was a little confused at first.

I get **Annie X-mas **and **Anne Neville **confused a lot.

I find they have such distinctly different personalities, I have no problem with being confused. It helps that I have met Annie, but I have strong impressions of both of them.

Anne seems very logical and calm in her writing.
Annie is very enthusiastic and very Broadway oriented and maybe a little more flow-of thought. (Like me.)

I do post in baseball threads, but I have never watched “The Simpsons” and have never posted on that topic, as far as I can remember.

Sure that wasn’t asterion?

I was born and raised in Archie Bunker’s neighborhood, Astoria (Queens), New York, which was how I came up with my name.

I’m not sure what asterion’s name means.

Leave it to a Met fan… :wink:

:slight_smile: When I started this thread two months ago it was because I had only then caught on that there were two of you and **asterion **was the Simpsons fan.

I just thought you were a single poster that liked the Simpsons and Baseball.