Congressman Jeff Jackson

I never heard of this guy but his videos are popping up in my feed now. He’s a new congressman from a new district in North Carolina. He’s a democrat. That’s all I know.

I have to say, the man knows how to use social media. He’s posted a number of videos giving his impression of being a newbie in congress. Watching his short videos I can help but be impressed. He has an easy going personality and charisma that makes him very likable. He also shows a very shrewd insight regarding what he’s gotten into. He’s now pinging on my radar as someone to watch in the future (and maybe the not too distant future).

Looking at his wiki he checks off a few boxes. Lawyer, former prosecutor, Afghanistan vet, current major in the National Guard. Is there anything I’m missing about this guy?

Here’s an opinion in agreement with you.

He clashed with Chuck Schumer years ago, he spoke pretty candidly about Bernie Sanders having no chance in 2016, and ahead of the 2020 presidential election said he wasn’t a huge fan of Biden but liked the idea of a Biden-Harris ticket.

That’s the most controversial thing I could find about him, and honestly it made me like him more.

I did see the videos mentioned in the first article. I think it’s worth it to follow him on social media because he is bringing a perspective you don’t hear very often about the nuts and bolts of congress.