Connecticut parents angry over trans athlete

Then it should be absolutely no problem for you to cite scientific studies backing this up. If it’s so obvious, it should be easy to prove! Right?

Right?

This is wrong. Not only is it wrong, it’s exactly backwards - I have not found a single paper endorsing this position, and the only literature review I could find has this to say:

Currently, there is no direct or consistent research suggesting transgender female individuals (or male individuals) have an athletic advantage at any stage of their transition (e.g. cross-sex hormones, gender-confirming surgery) and, therefore, competitive sport policies that place restrictions on transgender people need to be considered and potentially revised.

I’ve already cited one research paper upthread that shows that this is simply not true. So now we’ve got one peer reviewed paper and one peer-reviewed literature review refuting what you see as obvious, and you have cited… fucking nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. And you’re so sure of yourself!

Ha, see, it’s funny because you’re so painfully sure of your position, but you haven’t even done the most cursory research into the subject.

Here’s an obvious question - where are the transgender female athletes winning major sporting events? There are plenty of transwomen. Plenty of them participate in sporting events. If it’s so obvious that they’re at an advantage, where’s the transgender Serena Williams? Where’s the trans athlete who is not just winning events, but clearly far and away better than the competition?

In reality, we have people like Renee Richards, who went from a mediocre record as a man to an even more mediocre record as a woman. Given what others have said about how large the gender gap is in Tennis, you’d think that just shouldn’t happen, right? Or Fallon Fox - there was a lot of controversy there; why isn’t she absolutely dominating the UFC circuit? Well, one hint might be in the fact that her one recorded loss came from the only one of her opponents who went on to fight in the UFC - it turns out, she’s good, but not world class.

I mean, come on - if transwomen are really so much stronger, it should be fucking easy to find one utterly dominating her field, right?

Right?

:mad:

Y’know, you’d better hope you’re wrong, and that it is allowed - because you literally just did. Apophasis doesn’t change that. I, for one, hope that the out-and-out transphobic bigotry shown here isn’t tolerated here.