[QUOTE=WishIHadACoolName]
I just wanted to jump in to let you guys know about some things that will make your glasses look better. For instance, high-index materials have been available for a long time, but the 1.74 index lens is fairly new to the US, and in my opinion, worth every penny. They are expensive, but the people who’ve bought them from me have all but burst into song over the appearance of them. I dispensed a pair of -11.50 last week that looked like a -4.00. They were beautiful.
A “high minus” prescription will make your eyes look smaller. A “high plus” will make your eyes look bigger. A thinner, flatter lens will help. Anti-reflective coating will also make the glasses more cosmetically appealing, as well as improve the vision through them. Some people like polished edges, some don’t. I do. There’s also “camoflage”, which means the lab will “paint” the edge of your lens to match your frame. If done well, it looks great. If done badly, it looks like hell.
I hate it when my patients tell me that they’ve never had glasses they actually LIKED. If you get an infection or injury, you gotta wear your glasses. You should love them, and your optician should help you find a pair to meet all your needs AND wants. Of course, the fancy stuff will greatly inflate the price, but, well, you do only get those 2 eyes.
I’m an experienced ABO certified optician with lots of experience in eyewear, including contact lenses. I also happen to do “LASIK talks” with people who are interested in corrective surgery. Yeah, 90% of my day selling you glasses and contacts, and 10% of my day trying to get you out of them :rolleyes: I’m here if you have any questions about stuff. I’ll answer to the best of my ability.
[/QUOTE]
Aw, WishIHadACoolName, that is so nice. My last pair of glasses is actually very light and thin and has the anti-reflective coating, etc., etc., but at +4 something with +1.75 cylinder, they still magnify my eyes.
It’s not something that’s ruining my life, I can see great with my glasses, but, I’m glad to have well-fitted gas perm lenses.
You sound like my optician…he’s so kind and has a great attitude!