Correction to the number of victims in the airplanes.

Switching around the various channels to get the latest, I have noticed that they have been able to tally up the number of passengers and crew on board all four planes which were hijacked to a total of 266 victims.
Excuse me for knit picking, but I would like to make and amendment to this. If you consider, from various reports, that there were an estimated three hijackers on each plane, that would be a total of 12 hijackers. So the reporters should read 254 victims and 12 mass murderers.

Please feel free to add whatever expletives you wish to describe further the worthlessness of the 12 ignorant brainwashed fundamentalist (I was going to add pigs, but I wouldn’t want to offend pigs).

Jack

Sorry, this may belong in the pit.

Please feel free to move it.

I believe one station reported 278, in which case the others weren’t counting the hijackers

If you’re right (about the numbers), then I agree with you, Jack. Never thought about it. Those scum should not be lumped together with victims.

And you’re absolutely right about the pigs - they deserve better.

Gav

I’m too busy to move anything anywhere. I’ll close this and you can repost in the Pit if you like*. Please make sure nobody else has had the same idea first. I’m finding many, many threads that all say the same thing.

bibliophage
moderator GQ

*If so, I think you need to jazz it up a bit: Terrorists aren’t victims, you idiots.

[NGJ took my advice and posted here: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=86902 ]

[Edited by bibliophage on 09-13-2001 at 02:58 AM]