Could you please spell my fucking name right?

OK, it’s bad enough that IRL I’ve seen my name spelled four different ways, regardless of the fact that I spell it the simplest way. (And, I might add, my professional phone manner at work, combined with the fact that people have certain expectations of what a secretary should be, makes a lot of people refer to me as “ma’am” on the phone, and every so often it pisses me off.) But now I have to contend with a thousand and one different ways to spell my screen name here.

Let’s say it together, goys and birls: Esprix

E
S
P
R
I
X

E-S-P-R-I-X

It’s pronounced “es-PREE.” It’s a derivitive of the French word esprit. It’s not “Es-spirit.” It’s not “Es-pricks.” It’s not spelled “espirit” or “espirix” or anything else.

Poor typing skills is no excuse for being a moron.

Thank you.

Esprix, 123 wpm and does this for a living, thankyouverymuch…

…and what do we call you when you ain’t fucking ?

Okay, so who wants to break it to him who started the thread
“Exprix’s California Countdown” in MPSIMS?

I thought maybe the “Ex-” meant he was switching teams . . . :smiley:

::enters wearing sackcloth and flagellating herself::

I am guilty, O Esprix! And I’m so aware of that stuff usually. My last name has two L’s and two T’s, and I am very picky about that last T at the end. The worst part is I know it’s E S P R I X but my fingers did something else. Poor Maeglin, I know it’s M A E G but I type it M A G E all the time…

My most humble, abject apologies. Forgiveness for a future sorta neighbor? :wink:

Having just read said thread, and hearing how your uncle ran over your grandmother and your cat had to get its hip replaced before you moved in with it (or something like that- I was only skimming), I apologize for the snippy* remark, and hope that the rest of your pre-California time starts to look up.

[sub]*A word I used well before Al Gore made it vogue.[/sub]

Been there Esprix! My own fault I guess for choosing an odd moniker I guess.

Just to tag along on this thread… My son’s name is Dominic. Not Dominique. We call him Nicky. It’s pretty easy to spell. You were his preschool teacher!!! FOR 3 FUCKING YEARS!!! AND YET ALL HIS ART PROJECTS CAME HOME MARKED “NIKI” or “NICKI” or “NIKKI” WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS!!!

And yes, I said something about it on NUMEROUS occasions.

I am so sorry Esprix, I think I did it just the other day.

:frowning:
I should be more understanding & careful, my husband had a name that is CONSTANTLY misspelled.

And I would never call you ma’am. :wink:
EJsGirl, at least 45 wpm, never took a typing class, tries to do nothing for a living thankyouverymuch

Wow, I’m impressed!

And since this is the pit, fuck you, I’ll spell your name any damn way I want! :smiley:

Ya know what? I just, not 5 minutes ago, corrected that. Now I’m gonna change it back. Hee hee.

That’s really how you spell Esprix? I figured you just had a lisp! :wink:

Is it pronounced Espree? As in Grand Prix? Esprix de corp? Right?

And not: EZpricks. Or as in: 'ese 'ere pricks is orrible, but 'ese pricks are jolly good.

I’m guilty, I’ve always thought it was es-prix. Six years of French and I can’t even recognize the language.

Sorry. If it makes you feel better, it’s always been a mental thing, and I’ve never typed it wrong (I hope). :slight_smile:

Wait, wait. I had it for a second. Nope, it is gone. How do you spell it again? :smiley:

Sorry, Expris.

:: d&r ::

You know how sometimes you’ll see a word over and over and it starts to sound or look really funny? Like “food”. Say “food” over and over, and it’ll begin to sound like the stupidest thing ever.

This thread has made “Esprix” start to sound really odd to my ear. (No offense, 'Sprix)

Damn you Spoofe…I had to go and do it

EsprixEsprixEsprixEsprixEsprixEsprix[sub]EsprixEsprixEsprix…[/sub]

M-O-N-T-F-O-R-T

Not:

Monfort
Montford
Monford

Thank you.

TWO Os! One I! Not the other way around!

There. Is. No. “E”. In. Manhattan!