Couples: what is the height difference between the two of you?

I’m 5’7", he’s 6’1". We have three kids (two adult, now); oldest kid is short, I guess 5’2" (all my sisters are shorter than me); middle daughter is 5’7" or so; youngest daughter (going on 10) is about 5’, and her doc expects her to be fairly tall.

I’ve dated men shorter than me. However, call me prejudice all you like (but we all have our preferences, of course), I have always preferred tall men.

I’m 5’10" and she is 5’2" but she loves wearing high heels, so add a few more inches to her side. :wink:

I was on a plane years ago with Danny Schayes, a Denver Nuggets player. He and his wife were in first class and I was in the front of coach. As we were exiting the plane, he had to bend way down to get out the door while his wife walked right through it with room to spare. He’s 7’, and his wife (Olympic diver Wendy Lucero-Shayes) couldn’t be more than 5’2".

I’m 5’10" and my ex is 5’4". Kids are too small yet to know for sure where that’ll go, but her parents are about 5’ for her mom and 6’4" for her dad. That looks kinda weird.

Both her younger brothers are taller than me but shorter than their dad.

I’m a hair less than 5’10", and mr. bot is a shade less than 6 foot. So, maybe 2 1/2 inches difference? But I have better posture and often appear taller than mr. bot. I have dated guys shorter than I, height is not a deal breaker for me.

If they were smart, funny and well-spoken, I didn’t care if they needed a step-ladder to kiss me.

We are both 5 feet, 6 inches.

I’m 5’7", he’s 6’0".

I’m 5’6" and Jim is 5’8". If I had to choose a perfect height for a guy for me, it would be 5’8" - we have none of the height issues that other couples have; we can drive each other’s cars by just hopping in and going, no bed size issues, no furniture concerns, none of that stuff. Plus, I can still wear heels if I want to, but never do (bad feet). It’s kind of funny at his family gatherings, though, because he’s the tallest in his family - we both sort of tower over everyone, at our very average heights. :slight_smile:

I am 5’2" and my boyfriend is 5’11".

My boyfriend is 6’0", and I am 5’7". I did date a guy shorter than me, and I didn’t mind…but he did. He never let me wear heels (which I don’t really wear THAT often, but come on), and one time he told me “I wish you were a little bit shorter…” like it was MY fault he was shorter than me. Jerk.

I’m 5’10" and he’s 6’2" and it’s perfect.

That would be us - I’m about 5 ft and he’s about 6 ft. I fit quite nicely under his armpit.

6’4" vs. 5’4" (when I am being generous with my height and wearing heels!)

I’m 5’9"ish (I used to round up to 5’10" but I think I’m starting to shrink) and he’s 5’11" - 6’0" depending on how he feels that day.

My ex-husband was 5’6" so I’m not opposed to short men, although since in heels I’m well over 6’0", they tend not to prefer me.

I tend to wear flats on the weekends and when I do I personally enjoy looking up at him. However, I love sexy shoes and he likes me in them, so I might just as soon pull out a pair of 5" heels if the mood is right.

Really Not Yet My Wife is 5’5" and a half. I am 5’ 11" and three quarters. For what it’s worth, nearly every girl I dated before her was in the 5’0" to 5’3" range.

A foot

I’m 6’5"
Wife 5’5"

I’m 5’5" and he’s 5’11". No kids.

I’m 6’0" and she’s 5’0". Our daughter is 5’3" and done growing. Our son is 5’10" and probably not quite done yet but I doubt he’ll reach me. My parents were short and my wife’s parents were also short.

6 inches; I kiss on tiptoe.

I’m 5 foot 7 and he’s 6 foot 3, so that is 8 inches.