CPR strike - going out to stick up!

If the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020 taught me anything, it’s the need to stick up when there may be supply chain issues.

Canadian Pacific Railways are heading for a strike / lockout, so off to the grocery store with an extensive list!

Potential CP Rail strike could further complicate Canadian supply chain issues

…and the award for least comprehensible thread title goes to…

I suspect he meant “stock” up.

I can fix if you want. We don’t usually advertise our thieving proclivities on the board. :wink:

Naah - I already won that award years ago!

If you feel you must … I think it has a certain je ne sais quoi as is. :upside_down_face:

LOL, I agree it does, so it’s entirely up to you.

Though another mod may come along and fix without consultation.

I was more confused by using the same abbreviation as cardio- pulmonary resuscitation, myself. I was worried that paramedics were on strike.

Both times?

You have a point, for sure. Hmmmm.

Yep, that’s the only CPR I had ever heard of.

It would be disruptive if they strike, but it’s not as if there aren’t options. CN (Canadian National Railways) is nearly twice the size of CPR.

Well, there’s also the “CPR” part.

Oooh… that’s a good one for sure! :grin:

Not an option in the part of Saskatchewan where I live. CPR covers the south, CN covers the north. If CPR goes on strike, then would CN have the capacity to ship more stuff? And would there be sufficient truckers to get it from central Sask to southern Sask? Deep waters, Watson.

I went out and stocked up. No stick-ups.

I have fat fingers and a small phone.

[Plus, would I really be so reckless as to post my criminal plans on a public message board? Of course not!]

There are some who like to live in the Danger Zone. :smiley:

As a train nerd (but non-Canadian), I’ll just note that I see Canadian Pacific commonly abbreviated as “CP,” not CPR. That said, I see in the railroad’s Wikipedia article that “CP” and “CPR” seem to be being used interchangeably (though CPR seems to appear more often in sections of the article about the railroad’s history).

I was wondering if “stick up” had something to do with walking the strike line.

I need coffee.

And, even though CPR/CP/CN have nothing to do with my supply lines, I think I’ll go put toilet paper on the grocery list.

No shit

Well, CPR and the workers went to binding arbitration and the trains are running again.