Crap... am I selfish for feeling this way?

Today is my birthday, no big deal, no milestone… im turning 34. People do it all the time. Last weekend we decided to celebrate it with my nephews birthday in a couple weeks or two. Thats cool… we do that every year… my nephew adn I look forward to it.

But I live by myself and nobody called me to say happy birthday today. No friends, no family.

Crap that sounds so whiny!! and it IS whiny, my family and friends love me, without them I would be nothing…

Happy birthday, Whammo! :slight_smile:

Do you call people to wish them a happy birthday?

I generally don’t unless somebody reminds me to, so I don’t expect it in return. Of course I’d never forget my wife or kids birthday.

I’d probably feel the same way if I were conscientious enough to call other people on their birthdays. But like I said, I’m not.

Case in point. I should’ve wished you a happy birthday like Lama did but I forgot. Happy birthday! :smiley:

happy birthday from Seattle :slight_smile:

It does seem a bit sad I suppose. (Perhaps your 'phone is broken?) Happy Birthday, Whammo. :slight_smile:

Meh. It’s just another day. Happy freakin’ birthday, though.

And you’re welcome.

no, thank YOU

Happy bithday from Seat… er. Ballard!

Happy birthday! :slight_smile:

And you’re not being selfish. I’d be a bit sad too if no one called me on my birthday.

wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life. :slight_smile:

I too like when people acknowledge my birthday. To be sure that people do, I mention it weeks in advance. That way people can’t say that they forgot…

Hippo birdies two ewe,
Hippo birdies two ewe,
Hippo birdies deer Whammo,
Hippo birdies two ewe!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Sorry :smiley:

Happy Birthday Whammo. It does suck when family, etc. doesn’t acknowledge your bday. A card, a phone call, email, whatever is all it takes. I guess my family is just big on this stuff because we do wish each other happy birthday even though we can’t be together. I’m not talking about gifts, cakes, party and all that, just hearing or reading “Happy Birthday” is what feels good.

Next year rent Sixteen Candles.

:smiley:

Happy (belated) Birthday!

No, you’re not being selfish. You didn’t say whether your mom is still alive or physical capable of sending birthday wishes. If she is, but just didn’t, I’d seriously re-examine your relationship with her.

And, from my heart, happy birthday. And I mean that with true sincerity.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

From one May baby to another-my birthday is tomorrow.

You look like a monkey and you smell like one too!

What, I thought we were singing? Happy birthday , whammo. It sounds like they just forgot becasue you all arranged to celebrate in combo with your nephew.

I too think they should have called. It may seem petty and whiny but I don’t think so. It’s just a nice, thoughtful thing to do.

Oh, and Happy (belated) Birthday!
:smack:

I think after the age of 11, you should stop expecting people to make a big deal of your birthday, other than two people - your SO and your mom. So if you don’t have an SO, at least your mom should have called!