Crap foods you love

Ice cream sandwiches boring??!!! Never - ice cream sandwiches are my all-time favorite ice cream treat. I just bought a box on Friday.

I like it, too. I can confirm it’s just plain tuna (light chunk in water) with mayonnaise, about a 1:1 basis, pretty wholesome as far as fast food goes.

Subway workers discuss:
This is Real Tuna : subway

I don’t care for the herb or cheese bread so get it on white (RIP wheat), no cheese, no toast, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, giardiniera and a zip back and forth with the vinegar.

I’ll bet they made good bait, too! :smile:

To save money when traveling, I sometimes pack tins of tuna and corned beef in my luggage and consume them cold in the privacy of my hotel room.

Driving from Wisconsin to Vermont back in 1989, I brought along tins of tuna, B&M baked beans, and Chef Boy-ar-Dee ravioli. The only hot food I had that day was a McRib just over the Illinois border. By the time I hit the New York Turnpike, I was in dire need of some fresh water and a major pit stop. :persevere:

Pizza rolls are my sin.

And I love CIRCUS PEANUTS.

Nothing wrong with that, though I’d go with sardines over tuna.

^I snack on those too, usually late at night. I always think of the scene in Riley, Ace of Spies where Dzerzhinsky walks in on Stalin eating sardines out of a tin and drinking tea, much to Felix’s disgust.

So, I’m not the only one who loves pizza rolls.

I also like sweetbreads, thymus is fine, and braunschweiger is delicious. The occasional hot dog is acceptable, but much of this, my friends, is not junk food.

My favorite junk food item is the Zantigo Chilito. This is what Taco Bell’s chili cheese burrito was a cheap imitation of. The Chilito, a proprietary chili sauce, cheese and flour tortilla mix is utterly bad and utterly delicious.

^Is Zantigo’s still around? I haven’t seen one in years!

Yep. They were reduced to a single shop in downtown St. Paul’s skyway. But now there are several franchises around the Twin Cities. And, damn it, I’m craving a Chilito right now!

In fact, the Zantigo on West 7th, that became a Taco Bell, is now a Zantigo again.

^I remember walking past a Zapata’s on my way home from the University campus back in the early '70s. That was the only Mexican fast-food place in Minneapolis I knew of at the time.

IIRC, they changed the name to avoid offending Latinos and there were a lot of Zantigo’s in the city a few years later.

That is correct. The original name was Zapata’s.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Mexican fast-food places in Toronto besides the Taco Bell near where I live now. I work at home, so I don’t get out much. But I do want to sample some of these places before I get any older.

I paused at the braunschweiger while at the store last night and wished it came in a smaller package or, better yet, a few individual servings. A whole 8 oz chub is just too much but four 2 oz cups would be good

I’m betting they use a big commercial Hobart mixer and just mix the crap out of it, in order to get that weirdly homogenous texture.

I also enjoy braunschweiger, on sliced bread with lettuce, tomato, and mustard.

What? That’s not how you eat braunschweiger! It’s the whole tube or nothing!

The whole tube? That would probably cause an iron overdose.

Nah. Not unless character flaws are a symptom of iron overdose.

Couldn’t you freeze part of a large package for later?