Crazy Body Spasms...is this a sign of something bad.

Over the past couple of weeks, i’ve developed these crazy spasms in the upper right side of my body. It’s like all the muscles around my collarbone, the right side of my neck, and the top of my right shoulder just suddenly spike, which hurts like a sunvabitch. It happens really quickly, just a sudden jump, but I’m not all too sure what’s causing it or if it’s a sign of something bad. Anyone got any ideas?

Acouple of years ago my brother developed uncontrollable spasms in his left arm, it got to the point where he had to kneel on it as it would flail around and got pretty bruised.
Anyways, after goin to the doctors acouple of times they worked out it was a virul infection in his throat that was causing it and eventually it would go (he had to have some kind of physiotherapy for a while too). I cant remember the name of the virus:rolleyes: , but you might wanna get it checked out anyway.

Hmmm…so far no huge spasms like that, and it only effects the upper part of my neck/shoulder region. But the thought it may be caused by some funky virus in my neck? Ewwww…someone, please come up with a not so creepy explaination. Please.

I had 2 ruptured discs in my neck that were pinching a lot of nerves. It caused muscle spasms and twitches. I had to have surgery to correct it. Hope your’s turns out to be minor.
mmm…

Hmm, I get a similar thing from time to time, usually in my thigh but sometimes in a buttock. The best way of describing it is like a kind of rapid pulsing sensation, but it never lasts long enough that I can pinpoint whether it’s in a muscle or a blood vessel. Sometimes I get paranoid that it’s a blood clot forcing its way through… :frowning: Anyone else care to reassure me or tell me to get to the doctor?

See, with me there’s no constant pulsing or anything. It’s just one quick “WHAH!” and then it’s over. It just has been happening every couple days or so for a few weeks now, and it’s really starting to creep me out. Could it be nerve damage, or just stress related? Please tell me it’s just stress related. Or perhaps a vitamin deficiencey. That’s a bit what I’m reminded of when about your issue r_k. Kinda like when your eyelid won’t stop throbbing. Perhaps you should eat more bananas or pineapple or something?

r_k, I have felt what you’re describing. It happens often enough that I don’t worry about it. It doesn’t hurt at all, and it last for a few minutes. I just don’t know what it is, but there’s never been a problem…