Cricket - World T20 2016

BD’s main bowler Taskin Ahmed got banned. Big blow for them

It seems like an easy batting wicket…Australia will have it easy…shakib here needs to score all the runs he can.

Been following women’s world cup a bit. Power hitting is lacking here. NZ probably favourites . Pak team beat India with rain. India had the momentum when the rain came.

Pak team has a couple of cuties btw. :smiley:

20 runs off 24 balls with 6 wickets in hand? Come on.

The standard of the women’s game is abysmal. ICC needs to fix that ASAP.

4 wickets in hand bro…and I watched the last 2 overs before the rain…losing wickets for hardly any runs.

Pak bowled very well and fielded well as well, especially the opening bowlers.

Australia took care of Bangladesh easily enough in the end - though a late flurry of wickets took the potential gloss off it, they never looked in serious danger to be honest.

Any idea why we’re currently only at one game a day? Is it because teams are travelling at the minute to get to different venues? Things were going well with 2 games a day, I thought.

I think it’s because they can’t stand the idea of actually running a tournament properly. They have to drag it out!

New Zealand have beaten Pakistan after a decent display with the bat, and have booked their place in the semi-finals. They’ve looked to have the best bowling in the competition so far, would be my current favourite to win it. Be interesting to see what would happen if they ran up against Chris Gayle in the hittin’ mood though.

A few games to play between now and then but the Australia-India game on Sunday is likely to be enormous. Great result from NZ, which means one of Australia or India will get knocked out.

I saw the last three overs. McClenaghan’s mixture of filthy full tosses aimed at the hip and yorkers looked nigh on unplayable.

I’m hoping Shahzad has a big innings tonight.

What a bunch of dicks the English cricket team are. Knock off an enormous total against SA, with one of their best performances, then turn up against Afghanistan and, currently, are in the middle of imploding. 3 wickets in 4 deliveries, including a ridiculous leave by Morgan that bowled him and then a comical run out of Joe Root, where the bowler broke the stumps too early and still had time to snatch the stump out of the ground to complete the run out.

Absolutely bloody typical.

ETA: And now Buttler holes out. 50-5. I’m beginning to laugh at them.

57-6.

The criticism of England a year ago was that they couldn’t play aggressively. Is it fair now to say that they can only play aggressively and need to be able to slow down to dig themselves out of a hole? Or is this just the runaway psychology of a collapse?

In any case, I will be totally stoked (no pun intended) if Afghanistan pull off a win against a major team. It’s one of those feel-good sports stories that we need from time to time.

The general trend for England in limited overs cricket is the right one. They need to play more aggressively than they were doing even 12 months ago. And I wouldn’t have minded as much if these wickets were caught on the boundary or stumped giving it a big charge - but some of these were passive/dumb wickets to give away.

That said, it’s classic England. Maybe it’s because I am not as invested with the other nations than with my own, but I can’t think of another cricketing nation where the prevailing mood when things are going well or have gone has to be, “how will they let us down this time?”

Nice comeback at the end.

At 35-4, there may be some Afghanis feeling the same way…

And England win by 15 runs. Which must be gutting for the Afghans.

And, frankly, further evidence that they need more games against Test nations. But these are not on offer.

What a game! No shame losing to this Bangladesh side really.

Ohhh…my…God…

Won’t be surprised people had heart attacks watching this game. What a cracking game… I thought this wasn’t meant to be India’s day after the catch drops…surely not after 3 balls of the last over…3 balls 2 runs…bit of a choke-job too by BD…but very very well played BD.

I’m in two minds as to whether that was good cricket under pressure by India at the death or Bangladesh collapsing at the winning post. I think it’s a bit of both but possibly more of the latter.

1 run victory for India. They’d have been out if Bangladesh had squeezed two more runs out somewhere in their 20 overs. The game against Australia on Sunday…they’ll need to improve on today probably.

Ridiculous last over. 1 4 4 w w w.

And there we were thinking England had a tight finish! I too was castigating the batting performance. But the old saw about only judging a pitch after both teams have batted came to their rescue, along with some quality bowling and some poor decisions by Afghan batsmen. Credit to Stokes for holding it together (just about) in the final over, but more than anyone else, Ali for getting us up to a defensible total. Without his 25-run 19th over, we would likely be out of the tournament.

We’ll have to play better against Sri Lanka and hope that neither WI or SA overtake our modest NRR.