Crusader Kings 2: Holy Fury Launches Today And...

Of all the bad luck, it seems like I’m getting sick. Launches in two hours, and I think that’s right about the time I might be too sick to keep working. Man, what a bummer. :smiley:

Anybody else feeling an illness coming on (whether related to CK2 or not)?

Thanks for the heads up. CK2 is probably mine all-time favorite game, but I haven’t played much lately because I haven’t had time for games lately. Any features you want to highlight? Or, I’ll just go read the Paradox forums…

This looks to me to be one of their biggest xpacs for CK2. I’m very much looking forward to Random World, which doesn’t change the map but changes everything else (culture, government, tech, de jure, etc.). They’ve made it so that it is highly customizable, which is awesome. Shattered world is something that a lot of people are excited about, which allows you to have a fair start for everybody. It isn’t for me, but I can see the appeal.

There’s bloodlines, which give you bonuses if you can make one. But you have to be very legendary.

There’s new warrior lodges, which are a society devoted to combat.

There’s sainthoods for pious catholics, which grants piety to your ancestors (I think).

The crusade system has been completely overhauled and is now awesome. It isn’t a winner take all anymore, but everybody who contributes will get a piece of pie.

Nice! Sounds like they’re taking a lot of cues from the CK2Plus mod, which is great.

And the possibility to encounter animal run empires in the random setup obviously.

It annoys me that to get the full Paradox game experience, we must pony up almost $200. For basically a text only game. This expansion is $19.99.

The DLC policy by Paradox doesn’t bother me at all. Most of their DLCs are major improvements to the game. And sure it is $200, but that’s 6 years of DLC development or ~$30 a year. I think that’s pretty reasonable for the amount of changes the DLCs add. Also, it isn’t like they hide behind DLC. Almost every DLC comes with a fairly significant free feature patch.

My condolences. I hope you can find something to occupy your time while you’re sick and relax, to help your convalescence.

Thanks Chronos! I’m sure I can find something to do.

Care to give a review since you’ve played?