Custom Licence Plates — Seen in the Wild

I wonder if you’re on a phone and it’s showing you a compressed version? It’s completely clear when I zoom on my PC, not even bothering to click it to go to the source page.

Anyhow, it’s BRONKA on a Bronco. I guess that’s the feminine form of the noun. :wink:

ETA: Great pic there @beowulff !!

Yes, on a phone.

My personal favorite was an older Chevy Impala with the license plate “VLAD”.

The head of my school’s Science Department drives an SUV with plates that say “3XX 2XY.”

She and her husband have 2 girls and a boy.

I parked next to PRTY QEN the other day. The old lady getting in was definitely not a party queen.

But she may well have been.

When I was running the mostly-retirement condo we had one old gal who was quite the pistol even in her early 80s. Looking at her 60-something daughter and 40-something grand-daughter she had been quite the looker in the day. And had the party personality to match. She was in fact the queen of most of our old-fart parties. Despite being 15 years older than most of the other attendees at a stage of life where that’s a very big 15 years.

Then the dementia set in. Rest in peace dear Ida; you lived large and well.

A rather large family in my school had “8XX 2XY” on their van.

Another family had “YAB OG”. In your rear view mirror, you’d see GO BAY, “Bay” being the local high school nick name.

A few years ago I was surprised to see this GMC Envoy parked next to my 4Runner in the hotel parking lot

Google Photos

I spent 20 seconds wondering what this meant.
Then I laughed. Loudly.

Years ago a local Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am had the plates IH8Z28S.

For those of you who don’t know what this means, the Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 was the Chevy version of the Trans-Am.

There’s a regular who comes through the drive-thru at my job a lot. I always forget until he drives away, that his plate reads:

HI COP

I’ve mentioned it before, but years ago I saw a big black Lincoln with the license plate: IMNOTAL.

When I pulled up next to him and looked over, he was the spitting image of Al Davis (owner of the LA Raiders at the time).

A cute one: GRRRRRR on a Cougar.

Not on a phone, can’t increase it enough in the thread or on the host site to be able to read it.

My aunt had one that was ‘LICENCE’.

A few months ago I saw a plate that said ‘ZYG ZNT’.

Many moons ago I saw a White Rabbit with IML8IML8.

I laughed enough the first time that I took a pic of it once we stopped at a traffic light. I dug up the pic this afternoon to share and it’s even funnier than I had mis-remembered it above. It’s actually NOT INNI: Google Drive.

While I was putting that pic up where you could see it I also found a pic of a different plate I’d already posted: Google Drive.

• License Plate Frame: “New York Islanders”
  • License Plate: "RNG5 5UK

Back in college one of my roommates drove a Rabbit. Its plate was LEPUS.

Years ago I saw a Porsche with “Nein 11” .

Owned by Nigel Tufnel, of course.