"Cutting and trimming her lawn in an intimidating manner."

I keep a small notebook in a drawer next to the television to make note if something piques my interest or needs to be written down. That’s also the spot where I do most my reading. Recently I noticed that I wrote this in the notebook:

I have no idea when or why I wrote that.

:: visions of a female version of Edward Scissorhands, hard at the yardwork and looking grim ::
lachesis

“Why” seems obvious to me.

Could it be a euphamism? I call doing certain personal up-keep “doing yard work”.

Although how I’d do it “in an intimidating manner” is beyond me.

Them Snapper mowers can be pretty mean.

But don’t get me started on them Toros either. . .

Tripler
Me? I use a peaceful John Deere.

Maybe “lawn” is an euphemism for a body part?

Like the checker-board pattern they make on baseball outfields, except shaped to spell “stop me before I kill again”

Bad mushrooms, perhaps? :wink:

Could it have been a line from something you read that piqued your interest enough to cause you to write it down?

**LMAO! I do that all the time! Especially at work. If one of my managers comes into my office to give a new assignment, just to mock him I jot down random and irrelevant words in his instructions. Then, for fun, I read it back to him: “New… relevance… the… friday… meeting… phone call… Got it!”

Problem is, I always froget the meaning of what I write then I’m screwed. **

Now THAT’s funny.

And as a sig file, it’d be just as puzzling (out of context) as the original quote.

Heh.

maybe somebody’s buring a bunch of GI Joes up to their chests, and then mowing them down?

It was probably stated in a Judge Judy ep, and you thought it was… notable?

What popped into my mind is those interviews with neighbors of suspected serial killers. Something along the lines of:

“Well, she was pretty quiet, always kept to herself. Of course, she was always cutting and trimming her lawn in an intimidating manner, but I thought she was just under too much stress.”

I seem to recall seeing that phrase in (I think) a news story on CNN.com 2-3 weeks ago, but I can’t remember the story. I think it had something to do with a lady who was annoyed with a teenage neighbor, and one of her complaints was that he was “cutting and trimming her lawn in an intimidating manner.”

Sorry, but I can’t remember any more. Maybe this will jog someone else’s memory.

She had a job at a chocolate factory…

this has happened to me! I think I may have been watching Futurama…

It was a Star Wars parody…something like, “I don’t want to sell you these deathsticks (pause) I want to go home and re-examine my life”

Actually, Jorel, that was from AOTC:

Elan Sleazebaggano: You wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi-Wan: You don’t want to sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I don’t want to sell you death sticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I want to go home and rethink my life.