Daily Show 7/21

And most Daily Show content can also be viewed on the show’s own website. Material is usually posted a day or so after it airs. Last night’s Fareed Zakaria interview is already there.

Celebrity Interviews page

What, he has throat cancer? I didn’t know. Obviously I didn’t pay much attention to the interview; I just heard bits of Kennedy talking. But thanks for the attitude. :wink:

Like I said after that, RFK Jr. is a more respectable and intelligent guy than Cruise, and he has some credentials, and that lends credibility to what he’s saying. The Daily Show people should’ve done some research, but I guess they didn’t. Perhaps a viewer response that says “hey, you misinformed people” will make them deal with it.

Already sent mine in. :cool:

He did the same thing when Pat Robertson was on, so it’s not like he is only soft with liberal guests.

Can anybody sum up for me what questions there are about this topic? I’ve read the Salon.com article and it sounded very convincing. Kennedy’s statistic about autisim in China after the export of our vaccines sounded particularily damning to me. However, I’m not a medical professional by any means, so when I Googled I wasn’t sure if I was getting actual information or pharma spin.

Kennedy should at least have emphasized more clearly that mercury hasn’t been in US vaccinations since 2003 (I believe he said).

Off the top of my head:

Autism increased sharply when the criteria for diagnosing it changed
The compound of mercury in vaccines is different than what is considered dangerous
New studies on vaccines and mercury show no correlation

Also, environmental mercury (such as from coal-burning power plants) provide a much greater dose than any vaccine, and is thus a much more likely candidate for any rise in autism rates.

But he should be used to it - he’s a co-host of a weekly radio show now.

I missed the interview, but I’ve heard RFK Jr. on Air America. It’s odd; he’ll speak very knowledgeably about important environmental issues, and then suddenly veer off into something that sounds to me like paranoid crackpot territory. Makes me question everything I hear from him.

I noticed over a year ago that RFK’s voice has become weak and warbly. He kinda sounds like Katherine Hepburn.

I knew a women who practically lost her voice. It sounded kinda of like laringitis. It was attributed to emotional problems. Maybe RFK is going wacko.

I also thought that interview was very out of charater for JS. He just kind of sat there and listened. I dont think he was comfortable in the presence of a rambling voiceless, humorless man.

I haven’t been that profoundly disappointed in an interview in a long time. Stewart let Kennedy constantly make absurd assertions that are not rooted in fact.

Here’s a good dissection of the problems with the original Salon article:

After it was published there was actually an entire full page rebuttal of the article by the IOM in Salon.

Kennedy is a moron who does not deserve to have his beliefs aired in public.

May I ask where you sent your letter? I looked on The Daily Show website and couldn’t find anything. I’d really like to write in as well.

Wait, so, did/does he have throat cancer or not? After seeing first Bryan Ekers’s comment to me and then this post, I Googled a few variations of “Kennedy” + “throat cancer” but found nothing about RFK Jr. having it – which, of course, doesn’t prove anything.

Cancer, or did I misunderstand Bryan’s comment?

I can’t remember. I think it was thedailyshow @ comedycentral dot com. (I believe the mods frown on actual email addresses.)

If you google “The daily show” and “email” you should get the correct address.

I thought Bryan was engaging in some idle speculation, or making a joke. I never took it as a serious assertion.

I could be wrong.

Seems to be going around. :o

Tucker? Is that you? :wink:

I must admit I had a hard time getting past the voice. So does his voice always sound like that, or was he just having a bad day?

Sorry, I forgot about the actual email address rule. Thanks a bunch. My message has been sent.