Dannion Brickley - what's the straight dope?

So I have this spiritual/enlighted flatmate with which I discussed the mater of religion, god and so on. I don’t believe in neither, nor do I believe in ghosts, life after death, angels, UFOs, santa claus, etc, etc…

To convince me about higher state of openess and connection with the universe, he gave me this book by Dannion Brickley “Saved by the light” , I started reading and am almost through half of it - of course, to me it seems like complete nonsense. I’m sure I can’t convince my friend just by pointing out how ridicoulous it is, but I’d love to have something good on this Dannion Brickley…

He claims to have been a CIA assassin, a hard ass when he was young, and so on -what’s the straight dope on that? Anyone knows of accounts of his former classmates, CIA or other?

Anyone has any hard evidence that this guy is in it for the money? Any of his stories check out? How about his predictions? did he really come up with all of this in 1975 or just after the fact?

thanks a lot, because google gives very shitty returns…

Well, he’s been on Art Bell’s program numerous times, which pretty much tells me he’s full of BS. I doubt if there’s any hard data on him though. IIRC, there’s some way you could check his military records, but I’m not sure what it is.

I think you mean the opposite.

I meant that in a sarcastical way but nevertheless…any dirt on Dannion?