Dare me! (It's an emergency.)

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I’ve just been invited to a party for tomorrow night, and I was told they’d be having a kind of a truth or dare game there.

Now, first of all, don’t get any ideas, it’s not that kind of party. I doubt it will get any further than a PG rating. It’s a small, mixed group of young adults.

But the problem I have is I’m terrible at thinking up dares. I don’t think I’ll have much trouble in the truth area, but I have no imagination in thinking up things for people to do.

The dares should be things that can be done quickly in a regular house. Nothing too difficult or dangerous to do. Just some fun, crazy stuff.

So I’m hoping the good folks here can help me out with some suggestions. I tried a couple of web searches, but I couldn’t come up with much that wasn’t x-rated.

Thanks all.

Not gonna do it.

Nobody else will, if they have an ounce of sense.

Welcome to the SDMB Armadillow

Thanks Mangetout.

Truth is, I’m not really looking forward to this part of the get-together, but I don’t want to be a bore either. It’s not my idea.

I just can’t seem to come up with anything more interesting than eating something nasty or putting your shirt on backward.

I also kinda hoped it might be something interesting for people to talk about here.
Where are the creative sadistic types?

I am pretty sure I have (at least) an ounce of sense, so what is the problem with this question? (Other than the fact it should be in another forum)

He/she gave pretty strict parameters on the PG rating, so where is the harm in suggesting that the players lick the bathroom floor, pick another players nose, etc?

Because, let’s say that somebody suggests something which, although it seems harmless, causes death or injury through some freakish turn of events (somebody licks the bathroom floor and dies of E.Coli infection), not good.

Here’s a simple one of the daree is male: Dare him to turn himself over to the girls to be made up with all the girly sturr: mascara, lipstick, eye of bat and wing of toad or whatever else it is you ladies use to make yourselves look so good.

sigh

I see. You do have a point.

Oh, how I long for the days when people took responsibilty for their own actions, rather than blame their stupidity on someone else.

The truth is that General Questions is for questions with factual answers; IMHO is for opinions and polls.

I dare you to read the forum descriptions.

Off to IMHO.

DrMatrix - General Questions Moderator

Sing “I’m a little teapot” passionately and seductively.

Take a big gulp of beer (or soda, or prune juice) and gargle “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. If they laugh, they have to start over. And no gargling just the first line, either.

Wow. It’s difficult thinking of tame dares.

Daniel

I think I probably overreacted a little; the thread title caused me to take too harsh a view; If we can’t think up some safe (but still embarrassing) dares, then the terrorists have won! (or something like that)

Dares:

Sing “You Light Up My Life” to someone of the same sex.
Eat a peanut butter, catsup and pineapple sandwich.
Pick someone else’s nose.
Get your toes painted by someone who’s never done it before.

Well, how about having them lick something else besides the bathroom floor? Or turn on the TV with their tongue (you know, the little buttons)? Balance a bowl of something liquid or sticky on their heads and walk across the room? If a guy, take off their shirt and let someone draw a picture on their back with a marker? Get their feet tickled, if they’re ticklish on the feet? Put their jeans on baclwards?

Let us know how it goes.

*Make up a hula dance for Goldilocks and the 3 Bears (or famous local story).

… I’m out. I was never good at this game anyway. There’s a Truth or Dare Jenga game.

Who’s Line games are more fun.