Daytona 500-- LET'S GO RACIN'!!!

I’m not the world’s biggest Jeff Gordon fan but I’m picking him in this one. Personal fave - “Awesome Bill!” Let’s go, boys!!
Should be a good one. Hope the weather’s good.

All Chevy top 5

Harvick, Junior, Stewart, R Gordon, J Gordon

Bodine has engine faliure around lap 100. I think he’ll stay out of the Big One (Which will be started by Mike Skinner, BTW, around Lap 140) simply because most of the field will be smart enough to avoid him.

Six cautions.

I have been waiting for this race since Homestead ended. I’m glad there isn’t the whining by Ford, Dodge, & Pontiac about Chevy having unfair advantages (I’m looking at you, Rusty!).

Mariah Carey tries to squeeze into a firesuit zipped up to just above the belly button, but NASCAR forces her to zip it all the way up, she pitches a fit, walks off, and DW sings the (Insert Sponsor Here) National Anthem instead.

Boogity, boogity, boogity!!!

Man, that sucked. Sometimes it seems like half the NASCAR races have significant rain delays, but ending under a red-flag is the worst.

Fascinating wreck though.

((cough))
ahem.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go Mikey!

I will admit to watching only part of the race- up until the wonderful rain delay. Then we started watching movies, and I did not know who won until this morning.

Just let this not be a fluke like last year, Waltrip.

I win the “guess the number of cautions pool” since there were 5! Does this mean I have to buy a round of beer?

Mikey is a better driver than he is given credit for. He will win more races. Dale Earnhardt knew what he was doing when he signed Mikey. He did a good job silencing some critics when he took the lead without the assistance of Junior, though. His previous 2 wins came with Junior pushing him across the line(and timely cautions and red flags didn’t hurt either). It’s no secret that DEI has the best plate program, and it easily could have been another 1-2 finish for them if the 8 car didn’t have a bum alternator. But Childress racing (Harvick in particular) began to show that the team is back. RCRs “10 year jinx” is over, Harvick is ready to get down to business, Jeff Green will make some noise this year, and Robby Gordon looks like he’s ready to be a Winston Cup driver this year.

The damn plates need to go, though. Between that and the smaller fuel cell, races like Talledega and Daytona just aren’t as exciting as thay should be.

Jeez, the NASCAR gods must hate me.

[Seinfeld]“NEWMAN”[/Seinfeld]