DC Comics Infinite Crisis predictions (spoilers for runups inevetable, and unboxed)

Then she had another series pretty much right after that one, did she not? From the Olivia-Newton-John Headband era?

Back on Topic, I think I have a theory as to the identity of Mockingbird - given the contempt for Luthor, how about the Contessa? I can’t remember if she died or not, last we saw her, but it hardly matters in the DCU.

CandidGamera:

Only if you define “right after” as EIGHT YEARS later. Supergirl (1st series) # 10 came out with a cover date of October 1974 (a nine-month lapse since issue # 9, obviously a big seller). The Daring New Adventures of Supergirl # 1 (a.k.a. Supergirl (2nd series)) had cover date November, 1982.

And that laster 23 issues. So adding up her issues from two solo series and as a headliner in Adventure still doesn’t equal (though it at least approaches) the duration of Peter David’s series.

Were there reprints or something, then? Because I find it hard to believe I’d remember reading Supergirl adventures prior to her second series if they were that old.

There must’ve been reprints.

Could have been in issues of “Superman Family.” But I don’t think she can be considered a “headliner” of that title.

I own no Superman Family issues.

Hmm. Adventure in Digest form, I have some of. Maybe that’s what’s moving the different series together in my perception…

Thanks (and to Big Bad Voodoo Lou as well)! I’ve been meaning to get around to reading Identity Crisis. I’ll do that once I finish Age of Apocolypse.

Sasha’s back? Where? (Can you give me a rundown of what books I need to find to follow her part in the story?)

I haven’t been following the Infinite Crisis stuff, but I really liked her character. It’s a shame that it looks like she’s a goner.

She appeared briefly in Countdown To Infinite Crisis, the 80-page one-shot that formally kicks off all the current miniseries and interconnected plotlines, and she will play a much larger role in the OMAC Project miniseries that picks up directly where Countdown left off. I highly recommend both if you’re a Sasha fan, especially because we don’t know WHAT her role will be. Plus Countdown is only $1, a bargain for an 80-page comic, and it is really damn good.

The Wizard Shazam is going to die.

Well, Gail Simone has turned Catman into a charismatic badass, even if this current revamp owes a lot to Wolverine (brown costume, claws, animalistic, noble “samurai” mentality). So far I’m enjoying the hell out of Villains United, and I look forward to Catman and Deadshot taking on Deathstroke, either alone or together.

THE WIZARD SHAZAM HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE THE 1940’S, DARN IT!!!
Holy Moley! Thought you’d know that by now!

Well then, Boston Brand is going to die.

You will never know my identity!

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know you!
You’re Bob.

He’s still around, interfering, and such. Real-dead, not play-dead.

I heard this spoiler for Infinite Crisis (Big, but not really plot/character related): All DC titles will skip ahead one year in continuity. The January issues will end, and then Februrary will be “One Year Later…”

Well, it’s bold. I’ll give them that much. And potentially good, if executed correctly. If course, it wpon’t b across the board, but I think it may be good, on balance. And there’s one thing about it I love: For one shining moment, every single book will be starting a new story simultaneously. Every DC comic wll be accessible to new readers!

I think that is overly optimistic.

–Cliffy

So…what happened/s during that year?

I have only one prediction for IC, which is that Booster Gold will become the new Blue Beetle.

Unknown. Perhaps the events of Infinite Crisis. Perhaps that’ll be left up to the individual books.

And naw, not Booster. Sasha.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe she’ll become the new heroic OMAC? or OWAC as the case may be?