DC Marvel Mashup: An Amalgam Redux

Also, The Punster’s real name is Joe Castle.

Seeing that the Masters of the Universe are back at DC, I’ll go for:

She-Hulk x He-Man = She-Man, Gamma-Powered Transsexual Adventurer!

There was an Elseworlds where Kal El was found by Thomas and Martha Wayne who were subsequently murdered creating a Kryptonian Batman. I never read it but for fun I made up a potential Rogues Gallery for him:

Claytallo (basically a mushier T-1000)

Two-Brain (A villain who is half Harvey Dent and Half Krptonian super computer)

Catwoman (whose day time persona is of course the intrepid reporter Lois Lane).

The Joker (wealthy industrialist Lex Luthor was transformed into a Maniacal clown during a chemical accident in his own factory).

ETA: I know it isn’t Marvel/DC but figured it fits the spirit of the thread…

Afraid it’s been done: check out the picture at the top, which prompted a note that “Mysterium’s kind of got some kind of Phantom Stranger/Dr. Strange thing going on with his costume. Maybe he’s got the Earth-712 version of Dr. Strange’s cloak.”)

Lightning Panther, or Black Black?

For a left field choice, I think Wolverine would blend nicely with Martian Manhunter. J’onn Lo’Gan is teleported here by Dr. Erdel, captured by evil scientists, and put through the Weapon X program (adamantium claws, bones, memory futzing, assassin) before breaking out and living in secret as a private eye via shapeshifting. His biggest case is unraveling his past and his origin. Ultimately he’ll figure it out and be called upon to be an A list superhero.

The Thing + Swamp Thing = Thing Thing, the rock that thinks he’s a plant… or is it a plant that thinks he’s a rock? Only his Aunt Petunia knows for sure!

Or is it Man-Thing + Swamp Thing = Swamp-Man? Anyone who knows whether or not he’s a plant burns at the touch of Swamp-Man.

Oh, wait, it was The Thing + Green Lantern = Thing Ring! Do your thing!

The funny part? I actually own that issue.

I don’t think your read on Iron Man is at all accurate. Stark didn’t become a super-hero to amuse himself. He invented the armor out of necessity, and started using it reguarly when he realized that he himself had been a perfect shit who had profited from a lot of human suffering and thus should try to make up for it. I’m not sure the atonement angle was in Lee’s original version, but it’s not a movie-ism either; it’s been part of his motivation since at least the 90s and probably before.

With enough money even you can become a Superhero…

Even Spider-man agrees.

Or, as the Revenant put it, “I sometimes think access to cash is the greatest superpower of all.”

And he wasn’t even talking about buying super-powered tech, just paying off some teenagers to swap their SUV for the easily trackable vehicle he and his pint-size superteam were trying to sneak home in.