Dear Limo Driver and Eight Or So Other Assorted People - Fuck You All With a Steel Dick

Way too long - TLDR - I did the right thing the wrong way and encountered a bunch of shit that confirms my slight regard for my fellow man.

At about 7:30 tonight my wife and I take the kids out for a pre-bedtime walk around the block. All was going great; the kids showed off their balancing on a peg-fence and babbled about squirrels, transformers and other stuff that occupies five year old minds. It was pleasant.

We turn the corner and start heading up Tertiary Street and see a couple of people in the middle of the road and a bunch of people standing by a limo that is blocking Tertiary Street and the West-bound lane of a two lane street. There were no raised voices so I figured it was drunk people doing drunk shit on a big night out.

When we got close enough to make out what was happening (my night vision isn’t the best) I saw that it was some guy hassling some woman. She kept trying to pull away and he kept holding on to her and shaking her. The harder she tried to leave the more diligently he prevented her.

At this point I did something stupid. I intervened. I didn’t think about it, I just saw some woman being assaulted and stepped in.

“DA FUCK?!?” I yelled as I approached the two of them.

“I’m out with my kids and they don’t need to see this shit, the fuck man?!”

Buddy turned his attention to me and as soon as he was distracted she ran like fuck down the street. She fled.

Buddy is nothing but cool as he says, “Hey, no problem, sorry.” Clearly all 5’10" and 145 of me was sufficiently intimidating to convince him to smarten up.

One of his buddies hanging out at the limo decides to puff up and start toward me. The other folks pull him back (he didn’t make much of an effort) and trundle him off into the limo which drives away.

On the one hand I’m happy that I did what I did - though I could have handled it a bit differently - because she was clearly afraid and I’ve always told my kids that if you see someone being bullied you should step in and help.

I’m glad that they got to see that I mean what I’ve said.

On the other hand I was outnumbered about eight to one and my kids were there. Had it turned ugly my kids would have gotten to see me get fed my teeth.

Truth be told, none of this entered my mind at the time. In the moment I saw someone that seemed to need help and I provided it.

We walked home and I called the limo service. I insisted upon speaking to a manager and got a guy named Joyous (not his real name - but it is a synonym.) I explained what had happened in a stern and adrenalized voice.

Joyous said, “Well, I’ll have to talk to the driver when he gets off shift and ask his side of things.”

I lost my shit.

Had he said something like, “No shit? I’m going to call him and get to the bottom of this and call you back ASAP.” I would not have lost my shit. But he was almost flippant about it and acted like it was largely inconsequential and so I flipped.

I yelled, “Are you kidding me?! You’ll wait for Christ knows how long and then ask about it! That is not acceptable at all!” Yes, I can yell coherently.

“Should he have gotten beaten up?”

“No! But he could have at least radioed that there was trouble or called the cops!”

“How do you know he didn’t?”

“Did he radio that there was trouble?”

“No.”

“And I saw no evidence of the cops.”

“So if customers get rowdy it is the driver’s job to stop them?”

“He stopped in a way that blocked half of Cross Avenue and completely blocked off Tertiary Street. Not only did he not help he blocked two streets and watched while she was getting assaulted. He didn’t even call for help!”

“So what exactly do you want me to do? Do you want me to fire him? Is that what you want?”

“No, maybe, I don’t know but I do know that one of your drivers broke a number of traffic laws so a woman could be assaulted and when I broke it up he took them back in the limo and drove them to wherever.”

“Well if you don’t know what you want me to do then why do you think I would know what I should do?”

I admit, this one stumped me. I briefly gnawed on my tongue and composed myself somewhat and then said in a very strained - though no longer yelling - voice, “I expect a remedy that is more than I’ll eventually talk to him. If I don’t hear back from you within a half an hour I’m calling the cops and tomorrow I’m filing a complaint with the taxi board.”

I guess then it was his turn to yell, “You want to call the police, then you fucking call them! You call them. Call them! You want the taxi board go to the taxi board!”

So I called the cops and tomorrow I go down to the cop-shop to make a formal statement because it seems tonight is a very busy night for them. <-- not sarcastic at all I live in a pretty rough town despite the city council’s PR.

With the background dispensed with I now begin the pitting in earnest:

1st guy - Smarten the fuck up! If a woman doesn’t want to be around you then deal with it and move the fuck on. I’ll give you credit for being reasonable and backing off when I stepped in - but really man!

To his friends - There were seven or eight of you and not one of you thought to tune the fuckwad in? For shame on all of you. I can’t think of a single reason for not getting your friend to dummy up that doesn’t make each of you look like pathetic pieces of amoeba shit.

To Puffed-up Guy - It is clear that your balls and brain are of roughly equal dimensions. You didn’t even make a legitimate show of it. You briefly bloviated and allowed a few gentle "get in the car"s to placate you. At least try to make it look like you were going to back it up. Come on man, let’s see pretense of tough-gut determination before you, inevitably, allow your friends to coax you into sparing me your Thorrish wrath.

To the Driver - You facilitated an assault by blocking off the street. You did fuck all to assist this woman - like saying, “get in the car or I’m leaving and your night is done.” You didn’t even call the cops or dispatch you craven, yellow-streaked, frog-sperm nothingth of a slightly human slug. Fuck you and the ecuses-for-eugenics that spawned your milquetoast ass.

To Joyous - Fuck every inch of you with a Mickey Mouse-eared dick. One that is on fire. And crawling with bullet ants - who are also on fire. I know the cab company that the limos are attached to and I can promise you that none of my family or friends will ever set foot in your cabs again. And I promise you, you mealy-mouthed cunt, I will pursue this to the ends of the fucking earth and I will dribble happy spit on you as you are dragged through the coals.

Incidentally - I know your dad, he likes my wife and I. I can’t wait to refuse his car and tell him why.

Each and every one of these people can take a long and satisfying slurp of my asshole after I’ve eaten taco-bell and had a habanero enema <-- yes, I know, but I’d be willing to endure it just so that they’d have to.

Zeke

Hey, thanks for helping out a lady in distress. No sarcasm, I mean it. :slight_smile:

I second that.

What they ^^^^ said. Well done, there.

Also, are bullet ants at all likefire ants? If so, I doubly endorse this pitting.

(I still have scars on my foot from some fire ant stings I got TEN YEARS AGO!)

In the same way your campfire is like Krakatoa.

I’m sensing a bit of irony here…

The company should have a policy for dealing with bad behavior by clients. Seems to me they’re totally unprofessional. Glad the woman got away.

You did the right thing by intervening. But the way your ire is directed makes no sense to me. There seems to be an inverse relationship between how angry you are at the various actors and how directly involved they were in the incident. Surely, the man who was actually assaulting the woman deserves the most venom, while the limo driver and Joyous deserve the least.

…because of some imagined equivalence between profanity and sexual assault? :dubious:

Saying fuck in front of the children. :slight_smile:

:dubious: Swearing in front of children is not related to raping in front of them…or am I missing something?

I just can’t endorse his pitting. Initially the OP seemed justified in speaking up on the woman’s behalf, then took a turn for the obnoxious on the phone call to the boss. If it was so important that the boss call the police, why didn’t you just call them? Absolutely nothing wrong with him talking to his driver before he sends him off to the unemployment line. The driver would have a much better context into the night’s events than some passer by. You sound like a real busy body.

Don’t get this at all. OP has an opportunity to act well in a challenging situation, and instead comes across as a jerk on just about all counts.

I think my kids were slightly older than 5 before we dropped all restrictions against profanity. Not sure why a simple “Hey!” or countless alternatives wouldn’t have worked just as well. But each parent gets to choose the behavior they wish to model.

You see some apparent misbehavior, and neither you nor your wife call the cops? While you are out with your kids? Not the choice I would have made. And you are SHOCKED that some of this group of possibly inebriated guys respond other than as complete gentlemen?

Then you call the limo company, and it doesn’t sound as tho you know exactly what you expect of them, so you just act all pissy. Kudos for the decision to intervene, but poor grades on the execution and follow-up.

Maybe in my bachelor days I would have stepped into a stuation like this. Nowdays with a wife and kid depending on me and so many idiots out there with guns it’s getting to be too risky.
I’d hate to be reading a news story where a couple is arguing near a limo, well meaning bystander intervenes, guy has a gun and shoots father dead in front of his wife and kids. Guy goes to jail for life, girlfriend still loves him and they are going to get married.
I just can’t risk that kind of bullshit anymore.

+100 for intent, -500 for execution.

No, but it ain’t genteel.
:slight_smile:

Maybe the limo driver didn’t want to be there, but was outnumbered by seven to one with maybe some still in the limo so he couldn’t call 911 in privacy, and possibly his boss required him to stay there to chauffeur his customers or else lose his job. He was likely ordered by the goons to park his limo to cut off traffic. Without being there, it’s hard to assess whether his lack of help was warranted.

+10,000 points for helping her.

-3 points for calling the limo service before you calmed down.

What you did was wonderful. Really, so few people will intervene in a situation like that. Or even call the authorities. While you could have done better on the phone, it is just so unimportant in comparison.

This is actually an extremely common reaction in abusive situations. The abuser is just so obviously mentally ill that we hold them to no standards whatsoever and dismiss their poor behavior as all that can be expected of them. We assume that condemning/punishing them is somebody else’s problem.

But when it comes to the victim, the by-standers, even the heroes, we hold them much higher, and begin to pick apart their reactions and assert any imperfections as serious defects. It’s the instinct that leads to “victim-blaming.”

So, tl:dr You are awesome! Thanks so much for what you did! Don’t sweat the infinitesimal imperfections it ignited.

You say steel dick likes it’s a bad thing.

Same, but different smiley face.