Dear Mel Gibson........

It’s such an extreme hypothetical, but wouldn’t it bother you that the profits from Klan Quadruple Vanilla ice cream was being used to finance hate crimes? I think at some point a corporation, by virtue of it’s policies and ownership, could be heinous enough to justify joining a boycott.

As for Mel, he just seems childish and pathetic. I wouldn’t boycott his movies based on his drunken tirades, but if he did, in fact, abuse his wife or he was funding Aryan Nations then yes, I would boycott.

It would be interesting to hear what Danny Glover and Tina Turner think of Gibson.

Really? I did not know that. So glad you are out there fighting ignorance and all that.

Back to my point. How would you feel if Mel was fantastic in how he ACTUALLY treated “minorities” yet he goes on these dumb ass drunken rants once in awhile?

Yes it would. So far though, I haven’t seen any evidence that by seeing a Mel Gibson movie I’d be financing any criminal activity.

But even then, if I was assured it really was the best ice cream ever I’d probably buy a scoop out of curiosity.

If other people want to boycott any financial connection to someone simply because they don’t like them as people that’s fine by me. I just don’t really do it (except for Michael Savage).

Well, he is a loose cannon, to be sure.

Well no, I wouldn’t. You ever been to a shop where they serve 31 varieties of vanilla? I can’t ever figure out what line to get in.

[sub]and plain vanilla at that. No vanilla bean because that has flecks of black in it. Lord help you if you order French vanilla there…[/sub]

What syndrome is that? A condition where one constantly assumes a postion inside a domelike gunner’s enclosure projecting from the fuselage of a combat aircraft and verbally fires away?

Silly, Nzinga. Everybody knows that niggers travel in packs and faggots travel in bundles.

I would feel that he was a racist, sexist, anti-semitic piece of shit.

And Jews can be found in cartons.

And Irishmen in six-packs?

Correctomundo.

Oh dear gravy, I almost choked on my tea. What does klan-flavored ice cream taste like?

It tastes like burning…

I am DYING laughing. That is some clever funny.

Eighth child? Holy crap, Mel, get the Mighty Snip already!

Win. Win win win win win.

So I guess Mel won’t be in Lethal Weapon 5 now, huh?

It will be interesting to see how Danny Glover, Darlene Wolfe and the other African-American cast members react to his words.

I doubt they’ll say much. They’re too old for that shit.

Like he’s a dumb ass drunken racist. You don’t get points for treating people decently, it’s a bare minimum requirement.

No, they** travel **in PT Cruisers and Smart Cars respectively but I digress.

While I certainly think there is on average SOME truth to the “when your dead ass drunk, you say/do who you REALLY are” I don’t think its a given. I still think you have to look at the sober behavior too to get an idea.

Then there is this factor. Let’s say Mel grew up with his dad always getting mad (either drunk and mad or just sober and mad) and saying nigger this and jew that and women are XYZ. A decade or two of growing up in that environment is going to going to IMO nearly permanently imprint on your subconsious.

Old Mel might have finally gotten out the house and realized what an ass his old man was, but that stuff is still buried deep. And when sober old Mel actually says and DOES things that are “right” and even believes it to be “right”.

But get mad and dead ass drunk and I can certainly see all this bagage due to years of training just coming out automatically. Doesnt mean he actually believes any of it. He booze addled mind is just running on its base programing.

Now, OTOH, lets say you have a guy that was raised proper and has always lived and worked in a proper environment. Now, IF HE goes all racist, sexist, anti-semitic during a good drunk, THEN I think you probably have a much better case of “hmmmmm, is that what he really thinks?”.

Note, I have no real knowledge of Mel or his history or his family history or his private vs public personna (when sober). But his apparent “good guy” image that seems to have carried so well and for so long does make me pause and think things are not as simple as they first appear.

I guess you missed the word fantastic in there huh?

An unrepentant abuser and racist asshole. I’m done putting money in his pocket.