decorate my apartment with propaganda and dissent!

Yours makes a lot more sense than what I thought.

You’re on the right track, but it’s a French communist poster. They would have been almost certainly opposed to the Vichy government. It was funded by workers in a Renault factory (car company).

I’m partial to this one.

That’s a great site. Thanks for posting it.

It’s more of an apparel thing, but you really need this.

This is cool, the Soviet Anthem featuring a slide show of communist propaganda posters.

D’oh! Should have caught that - “colonialism” is the traditional boogeyman of communist groups, after all. Fascists generally don’t condemn it - after all, they want their countries to have colonies.

If I ever have a revolution I’m going to steal that anthem. It is spine tingling.

That’s weird, I don’t find it chilling or “spine tingling” at all. It’s rather upbeat. Is it just because they’re singing in Russian?

That’s probably it. Everything sounds more revolutionary in Russian.

I have a question, did these posters actually work?

I’m not sure “spine tingling” was supposed to be a bad thing. I really like Russian male choirs, myself. If there’s one thing the Red Army was good at, it was the music.

Thanks for the link Icerigger, we are studying the 1917 Revolution next week and I will make my daughter watch it!

Those.
Were.
Awesome.

hh

A stars-and-bars “FUCK COMMUNISM!!” poster (either vintage or a reprint… or even just a computer printout) from Paul Krassner’s counter-cultural political, satirical mag *The Realist *would be right up your alley, I should think.

You could try Paul Robeson’s version. (Note: this is the 1944-edition lyrics. Good ol’ Uncle Joe! :eek: )

Yeah, I like that one as well it really makes you want to join the party.

Lets all sing…

The great Soviet Union shall live through the ages, A mighty republic shall ever endure…

Long, live our Soviet motherland, built by the people’s mighty hand…

and my favorite line:

and with Stalin our leader with faith in the people…

You mean all the people Stalin and Beria left alive?

Don’t forget Atlas Shrugged. Then you could have Common Sense as dissenting literature.

“The last mass trials were a great success. There are going to be fewer but better Russians.” :smiley:

From our own propoganda files, how about MISSION ACCOMPLISHED?

And rather than the usual portrait of Che, maybe there is access to the movie poster.

I meant spine-tingling in a good way. I didn’t mean it in a chilling way. The Robeson version is funny.

From our own, I rather like these three.

Strange bedfellows, eh?