[QUOTE=Madd Maxx]
shizaru I still don’t have any solid proof that you were in fact a Delawarian.
Many people used to live in Delaware, but how many will admit to still living in DE? Yes, it is true that you can take back roads and avoid 95, but once you are on the highway and you’re are moving along it usually isn’t worth the hassle to get off and deal with traffic lights because, like you said, it’s only a 15-20 minute trip anyway. They planned it that way too, either pay the tolls or get off the highway and have a greater chance of getting pulled over by Toll Enforcement Agents ie. the State Troopers.
I agree that New Jersey is pretty bad too, anywhere you have to turn right to make a left has serious problems. Maybe it’s from all the Co2 they are breathing while someone else pumps their gas. And New Jersey’s roads aren’t that much better than Pennsylvania’s either. I will say at least Delaware has decent roads.
[/QUOTE]
How can I prove I’m a Delawarian other than what I just told you? I mean, I can tell you things about the Newark/ Wilmington area, but I don’t have a DE ID card or anything. 
Well, here are maybe a few things to convince you, but they’ll only make sense if you know the area:
*The George Wilson Community Center on New London Avenue was originally the school for Black Folks way before my time, and when I grew up there we called it and the park around it “The School Hill”. Incidentally, it was named after my Great Uncle. We called him “Uncle Inky” though.
Its rumored that George Washington slept in the Deer Park Tavern. I hung out there a lot in the 80’s.
I used to go to day camp in Rittenhouse Park. I’ve actually been to the Iron Hill museum if it still exists.
There used to be a junior High right off Main Street, Central Middle School. The UoD bought it, but I went to school there. Back in the 70’s I was in class when the McDonalds by the library had a gas explosion. (we heard it in the school)
The Elks club on Cleveland Avenue used to be (might still be, I dunno) the central hub for entertainment in the black community back then. Most black people live on Cleveland Ave, New London Ave, and Corbit Street. I lived on Corbit Street. Sold the house years ago, when I knew I wasn’t coming back. (and plus my sister was sick and needed the money)*
The scary thing is I’m afraid someone might peice together this info and figure out my true identity! I have many enemies, my friend, and they would love to have to my head on a pole!
Well, not really…but my paranoia makes life interesting.
The roads are different from when I lived there and this will add about 15-20 minutes on the trip, but heres what I did on my trips through DE to Baltimore and Philly. If you’re going north from Baltimore to Philly/NJ, get off at the Elkton, MD exist. Head towards Newark, and take the road (can’t remember the name, but its past the state line into DE) on the right towards Glasgow. You should come out on 896 near the University of Delaware Stadium. Go towards Glasgow, get on I-95 again and you’ve bypassed the toll booth.
I actually do believe that they’ve planned this, as you say. Travellers on 95 get log jammed on that stretch.