[QUOTE=What Exit?]
How did this turn into Jersey bashing? We have perfectly cromulent roads. The jughandles are pretty easy to figure out and most of our circles are gone.
We like our gas being pumped. You don’t, that is wonderful. More power to you, but stop bitching about what we consider a very good thing on a cold winter day.
Why do so many people from outside Jersey, care that we have service stations instead of the reduced service everyone else puts up with?
Jersey cannot be the worst state, we have too much going for it.
We have the shore and the mountains, extreme convenience to NYC & Philly.
We have farms and cities. Pinelands and Highlands. Great Adventure and one of the oldest US amusement parks in Keansburg. We have Atlantic City and Cape May. Wildwood and Sandyhook. A great and old music tradition and convenience to Broadway.
The list of worst states should include dozens ahead of Jersey, but I will refrain for mentioning them to avoid insult to others.
We are also very big on live and let live in this state, socially liberal without being notorious for our ‘liberalness’. Let face facts living in New Jersey, heck, just visiting New Jersey, embiggens the individual.
Jim
[/QUOTE]
You have a point, my friend. I’ll admit that I wouldn’t have a problem with NJ if I wasn’t forced to live there for what seemed an eternity. People in NJ seem to like NJ. (I have realtives there that like it). I don’t want to go back to Delaware but I’d move there before I moved to Jersey though.
BTW, is it that much trouble to pump your own gas?
…and I love the Simpsons references, the problem is, a lot of the kids I meant while I was there couldn’t read or write. I’m not talking ghetto kids either, even though thats not an excuse.
But I’ll give NJ some props for this…they took care of their roads and parks.