Delicious in Dungeon / Dungeon Meshi

Eta: Solved.

“Red Dragon II” had Falin and Marcille bathing – nothing was shown, but the characters were presumably naked.

Brian

Yes, I saw that the elf girl had strands of hair strategically hanging over her “sboob”.

I saw a You-tube vid on how anime are created, cancelled, and green-lit. The process is different from the way shows are made in the West. Simplifying, there are 4 players. The manga company/artist/light novel publisher/writer owns the original IP. The studio creates the animation. Netflix and Crunchyroll license the finished product.

The decisions are made by the Production Committee. They buy the rights from the manga company. They hire the animation studio. They sell the product to Crunchyroll and Netflix.

The production committee is made up of a number of companies who pool risk. These include Japanese TV networks, manga companies (again), music companies, distribution companies, merchandise companies, ad networks… and sometimes Netflix or Crunchyroll, but usually not. Admittedly, sometimes the animation studio is a member. So if it says “Netflix Production”, it means Netflix licensed the anime: they probably didn’t create it (i.e. they probably weren’t a member/investor on the production committee).

Studios such as Trigger or Wit bid on the property: the Production Committee often cuts corners here. As a result, Japanese animators are paid terrible wages, and their supervisors typically don’t roll in the dough either. Blame the Production Committee!

There are a lot of variations in this model though. CIte: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29FhW1e3_g

I was meh-plus on the first couple of episodes of DInD - I wouldn’t call it bad though. Does it get better or stay the same?

The later episodes have been more serious (in my opinion). I’m not sure if I prefer them to the “cook and eat the monster-of-the-week” episodes, though.

If you aren’t interested from the beginning you probably won’t be interested later.

Just saw ep 3 with the living armor. Fun episode.

Episode 14 has a new opening sequence. I like it better than the first, fun instead of serious.

Weird to have an episode showing the other party.

Probably setting up for a team up of the parties vs. The Mad Mage eventually.

That episode covered chapters 31 and 32. The next two chapters are a lot more interesting.

A big chunk of Episode 5 was following those same guys.

And the adaptation didn’t disappoint.

On a related note, I ran across this recently. Love all the details. Don’t love the price.

It seems expensive for a toy and very cheap for a sculpture. I’ve never bought an anime or manga figure, but I confess being intrigued by them.

Well that escalated quickly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, finally closing in on long-awaited kitty time!

I was wondering how they were going to do episode 19 with the kitty intro chapter and the nightmare chapter when there was a time gap and total change of direction between them. I suppose the Kurosawa wipe was the best that they could do with the awkward weld. Using an iris out was as good a way as any to handle it, I suppose.

I figured that they would add the kitty to the existing opening credits when the moment was right, was not disappointed.