Delicious in Dungeon / Dungeon Meshi

This is mentioned in two different threads, I thought there might be enough interest for a dedicated thread. (Actually, doing a search I see it has actually been mentioned in a third thread) I’ve already read the complete manga, but it has been years since I read the early chapters so I’ve forgotten enough fine details that I can enjoy experiencing it again.

Open spoilers for episodes as they air, any mention of future material from the manga in spoiler tags.

BTW, the official English name is really stupid.

I like it. DinD - makes perfect sense.

I love it, have yet to watch episode 11 but it’s been absolutely great so far.

It fills a tiny bit of the Food Wars-shaped hole in my life.

I’ve been really enjoying this one. The characters are a lot of fun.

I’m also enjoying it. I’m glad they haven’t added any Japanese-style pervert “humor” so far. I’m slightly mystified by the “nudity” warning Netflix has for some episodes; I guess they showed the dwarf guy’s underwear once?

I think Netflix errs on the side of over-warning. This is the streamer with a smoking warning also.

Oh, I’ve noticed 3 or 4 Senshi panty shots so far.

Everyone has played Nethack, right?

Why do you ask? I think this Manga/Anime is far more inspired by D&D itself.

Because— this made an impact on me, at least— a standard way of survival is to eat slain monsters. It may not be a direct inspiration, however.

Any idea of how many episodes there will be?

12 this season, one to go. 24 episodes for season one.

Nothing official on season 2 yet, but the bit of chatter I can find makes it sound likely. There is plenty of source material left and overall fan response has been good in Japan & on Netflix.

It only pulled a 7.85 on MAL so far but it seems like anything from 7.6 and up is doing pretty well.

It sounds like season 1 is actually going to be in 2 parts and another 12 will be coming out. Estimated to finish up in June 2024.

No, it is 24 episodes in a row:

As for the total count, episode 11 takes us through chapter 25 of the manga which has a total of 97 chapters (published over 115 months). So the full story as presented in the manga should take another 24 episode season.

Ok. I was sort of worried it was going to be 12 episodes and then hope Netflix doesn’t cancel it.

A constant fear with Netflix, so many shows I liked that went that way. Many with excellent critical reviews. But they didn’t meet the magic Netflix metric for renewal.

It helps that this isn’t a Netflix production but a partnership with Studio Trigger. I guess Netflix was willing to pay them more than Crunchyroll.

Recently watched episode 11 (Red Dragon I) – darker thematically that the previous ones, and the only one so far where the characters did not eat as far as I recall.
So Senshi has an adamant cooking pot and a mithril chef’s knife, is his ladle made of vibranium?

Brian

From your cite:

Confirming its plans to run for two consecutive cours of episodes

A cour is half a season. 11-13 episodes, so 12 in this case. So not all in a row, but 12 now, and 12 later.

The article I found said they decided to run the 2nd 12 pretty much without break. So that matches what @Darren_Garrison wrote.

Linky?

ETA: Never mind, I found the official twitter that says consecutive:

And I just now noticed the word “consecutive” in Darren’s cite too (that I C&Ped myself).