Dennis Rodman forgets how to English

Test your NK knowledge!

I scored 80%. Top that, suckas! (No cheating)

Kim Jong-Il had a 700K/year cognac habit, so yeah. As for the average Joe, um, I mean the average Kim, I’m not sure but NK does have a surprisingly big drug problem.

Shit-for-brains hasn’t forgotten how to ingest alcohol.

Whattaputz. :smack:

I’m wondering whether Rodman and Kim Jong-un can understand each other’s speech, even without the alcohol. Do they use an interpreter?

He’s dumb. Well…either that, or he’s a CIA spy. But my money’s on dumb.

Honey, when you find the perfect bromance, no words are necessary. I know from whence I speak. :cool:

Which team won the game anyway?

Rodman forgets how to English?!?! If you ever saw him back when he was kind of relevant, you’d know he never knew how to English. He was an expert on how to Crazy though.
The fact that he used the “I was drunk” card is actually kind of a relief. It means he understood how stupid he sounded.
I do agree with what Shakes said upthread. I kind of feel bad for Rodman because I think he really thought he was doing a good thing and also got to feed his ego and use his basketball skills with this stunt.

Peace - DESK

I don’t know if Kim Jong-un can speak English, but it’s worth noting that there are a good number of North Koreans who speak perfect, if old-fashioned, English and serve as tour guides and such. These are people with unassailable records or party loyalty, of course.

He wasn’t always full of the Crazy. Rodman was a talented ballplayer who had unlimited potential in the game, winning multiple best defensive awards. He was a formidable rebounder and power forward. He was even fairly sane (or was able to rein in his impulsive behavior) up until his mentor and surrogate father Chuck Daly left the Pistons. Rodman went rapidly downhill after that and began aggressively acting out. Instead of being thought of as one of basketball’s greats, he’s relegated himself to irrelevancy and to being the butt of jokes.

It was reported Rodman’s team lost. Like the outcome was ever in doubt…

:rolleyes:

I’m sure Kim beat them himself with his streak of 36 half-court 3-pointers.

The Korean team was leading at half time (which makes me think it was rigged), then they mixed the two teams up to play the second half.

All reports say that the 14,000 seat arena was full, but all of the images I saw showed almost all of the seats as empty.

Okay, first let me say that the interviewer is a tragic moron if he truly believed Dennis freaking Rodman would become a righteous champion of justice and make a courageous stand against a blood-soaked dictator. And pressing him on the issue after it became abundantly clear that it was a lost cause bumped his status from “moron” to “brain-dead”.

But just listening to Rodman…dear lord, he is astoundingly, colossally messed up. This goes way beyond anger or tactlessness. Charles Barkley has frequently been angry and tactless, but he’s intelligent, truly cared about the NBA, and, most importantly, always had a positive attitude. John McEnroe may have been the most angry and tactless tennis player ever, but he never, ever took it off the court, and he ushered in the modern era of tennis and is a knowledgeable commentator today. Rodman sounds like he’s completely unpleasant, terrible to be around, no redeeming features, no purpose in his life and his fans long gone, and he lashes out because that’s the only way he knows how to respond.

For the love of FSM, all he had to say was “It’s a sensitive topic and I’d rather not get into it. No comment.” And if the reporter pressed, say “I said no comment!” And leave it at that. Don’t give that slavering jackal anything he can point at to say that you’re a jerk, especially if you are. Rodman’s been in the public eye long enough, he’s seen countless sports figures go down in flames for saying the wrong thing, he should know this.

Sheesh.