I’ve been depressed long enough to know that during the Winter months I am at my absolute worst (I live in New England). Aside from the dark and the cold, people, including myself withdraw.
I’ve been feeling worthless and low lately. I hope things will improve for me by April or May when the season changes. In the meantime I have some itty bitty things in mind to help me over this hump and would like to know yours too.
As to mine: some are just ideas but all are do-able if I could just get my depressed self motivated.
- Walk outside for a minimum of 30 minutes at least 4 days a week.
- Keep my body and house clean - like I could be ready for at company anytime.
- Alter diet to treat possible IBS
- Make an effort to socialize more
- Try Yoga starting with one easy posture a day
- Keep up with bills, disability communications, mail in general
- Use my light box (have slacked off)
Do any of you really suffer over the Winter months? I’m depressed all year around but Winter is the worst for me. What do you think of my strategies and do you have others?
How do you deal?