Is there a method of determining comparable values of recent domain name sales? I know that the value of a domain is more subjective than that of a home, but is a resource that lists what the average resale price of domain names are and other statistics to calculate an approximate value?
I cannot imagine that there is such a thing as you are looking for. As you said such things are very subjective. A domain name is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and that could vary widely.
IIRC you can no longer camp a domain name that is a copyrighted (trademarked?) name. So, if you manage to snag CHRYSLER.COM (for example) chances are you would get a note from their attorneys telling you to give it back and one way or another they will get it back without paying you a dime. As such the people likely to pay big bucks for a domain name have a means to get it without paying someone for it.
[QUOTE=Whack-a-Mole]
A domain name is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and that could vary widely.
[/QUOTE]
True. However, the same could be said about art, but Sotheby’s still manages to come up with an estimated sale price. I’m trying to find something similar. The person I want to buy a domain name from is asking an outrageously high price, and I’d like some objective data to prove it.
[QUOTE=Nobody Special]
True. However, the same could be said about art, but Sotheby’s still manages to come up with an estimated sale price. I’m trying to find something similar. The person I want to buy a domain name from is asking an outrageously high price, and I’d like some objective data to prove it.
[/QUOTE]
<a href=“http://www…/click-2087416-10388358” target=“_blank”>GoDaddy.com</a> Has a domain appraisal service. Its only like $10-$15 and can get a return quote in a few hours.
[QUOTE=drachillix]
<a href=“http://www…/click-2087416-10388358” target=“_blank”>GoDaddy.com</a> Has a domain appraisal service. Its only like $10-$15 and can get a return quote in a few hours.
[/QUOTE]
Please ignore that trainwreck
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/dna/appraisal.asp?se=%2B&ci=4371
[QUOTE=drachillix]
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/dna/appraisal.asp?se=%2B&ci=4371
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I did a quick appraisal…we’ll see what happens.