Diamond, of conservative commentators Diamond & Silk, appears to have died at 51

Wikipedia says Trump associate Roger Stone suggested on Twitter that he should take over Diamond’s role, with the show being renamed “Stone and Silk”. Presumably, Stone would take over talking duties and Silk would continue on faces, "uh-huh"s and "that’s right"s.

Of course he puts himself first, even when “Silk and Stone” scans better.

So I fully support this plan, as a near-perfect display of entitled upper-class white twit.

I highly doubt that Diamond was vaccinated against Covid-19.

"(The sisters) followed up that deleted tweet (urging people to expose themselves to Covid-19) with an April 10 live stream that featured the pair pushing even more unhinged conspiracies and dangerous commentary, such as saying they’ll refuse to take any coronavirus vaccine that tech giant Bill Gates was involved in because he’s pushing for “population control.”

“Kudos if you make your vaccines for people and you want to help people,” Diamond exclaimed. “But I have a problem receiving any vaccine from any entity, especially anybody like Bill Gates who pushed for population control. The same thing that Margaret Sanger pushed for.”

Two thoughts: you have to be pretty far out on the conspiracy spectrum for Fox News to dump you, and having some left-wing Twitter types wildly speculating that Diamond died of Covid-19 isn’t a whole lot better than the cavalcade of right-wing crazies seizing on every “unexpected” or “sudden” death as being due to vaccines.

Nego. I maintain that speculating that the recent death of a prominent antivaxxer, who was hospitalized for Covid-19 a couple months ago, was probably Covid-related is in fact a whole lot better than the delusional conspiracy theories trying to ascribe “unexplained” deaths to vaccines.

I agree that speculation about any unknown cause of death is not particularly constructive or helpful, but in terms of rational plausibility, the former type of speculation is orders of magnitude more defensible than the latter. Many, many people do in fact die of Covid-19, especially if unvaccinated. Almost nobody has died from adverse reactions to Covid-19 vaccines.

The fact remains that we don’t know what she died of, and fervid speculation without solid evidence is something we should leave to the antivax obituary ghouls who are currently haunting social media.

There’s already enough irony to go around.

150 people showed up even though the auditorium held 2,400.

It would seem she died of either heart disease:

Or from the shedding of spike proteins by vaccinated people.

Personally, I’m on the fence about which.

Here’s some footage and commentary about Trump’s “eulogy.” TL : DW - He didn’t talk about Diamond, and complained about how long the service was. Guess his own ignorance extended to common black funeral traditions.

And this too.