Did any of you lose any lungs in Los Angeles?

I know people say Los Angeles will take your breath away, but c’mon.

That would seriously suck.

Were there any nearby reports of anybody waking up in a bathtub full of ice with a message like “Call 911 NOW!” scrawled in lipstick on the tile?

Considering the air quality in Los Angeles, the lungs may have just been trying to escape.

See comment by NoClueBoy in post 19, above. If you lived in L. A. (especially in the Valley) in the 60’s, it really WAS that bad! With all the pollution regulation that’s come down since then, it’s gotten much better. Still BADDDD, but back then it was that much worse!

Maybe it’s an evolving lungfish who went a little too far towards “lung”.

No, no, he didn’t walk out of a dark alley. He lunged out of an alley.

For those looking for a link to a full story, here it is.

Anyone else thinking of that scene from Futurama?
“I take lungs now, gills come in 2-3 weeks…”

Yes. Yes, indeed. :slight_smile:

:smack:

I will say, though, that lung-ed is a much funner way to pronounce that word than lunjed.

I figure that they will discover they are animal lungs that someone bought to make whatever one makes out of lungs [something like a tripe soup, just lung. Maybe hagis]

I remember from doing gross anatomy that mammal organs tend to all look similar - just different in size from human.

I really do hope it wasn’t a set of lungs headed for a transplant.

Be on the lookout for a hirsute fellow who enjoys pina coladas and has perfect hair.

Well… not without lungs, it wouldn’t.

Gods, and I thought my Monday was shitty.

Do they look Talaxian? Neelix lost a pair.

Like, the worst balloon animals ever. Last time I hire *that *party clown.

If I’d seen that, I would have screamed at the top of my lungs…and those lungs.

Guys, this story isn’t that funny. Right now there’s a guy out there worried sick about the state of his lungs. I’m sure that he’ll breathe easier when they get back to their rightful owner.

I see you all have breathed life into this story

Maybe, but the guy who lost the lungs must be breathless awaiting their return.